Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More snow anyone?

Default More snow anyone?

I know we are all fed up with it but this time our snow is completely different than the stuff before Christmas and the stuff of the past week or so!

Did you know that the Inuit (eskimos have 50 different words for snow?)

We have had more fallen overnight than the past 2 weeks in total. It is really heavy on the trees (very pretty!) and looks wetter. It has turned to thick slush on the main A48 road thorough Chepstow (so my husband says - he walked across it when he went out at 8am to get bread, milk and paracetamols!)

Hi Nicci, is it still snowing with you? Just interested as I'm few miles north of you and it is coming down like mad.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

We've got loads more snow overnight and no white bread flour left! Umm... I do love looking at the snow, but not being in it!

Jules

We've got light snow - but on top of the frozen slush on the close where I live, it's really slippery. Not nice to be out in at all!

Lorraine

I live fairly close to Lorraine and its the same here, fine snow - theres a couple more inches on top of the last lot and its still snowing at the moment.

We did brave it to tescos last night - the first time we have taken the car out in a week! It still had its snow hat when we got back home!

It was sooo good to get out of the house!

We need to go and see our accountant though, who lives a bit further away - we were sposed to see him last Wednesday but had to cancel - I just hope this new snow goes quickly! (January tax deadline is getting much too close for comfort!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybank View Post
    Hi Nicci, is it still snowing with you? Just interested as I'm few miles north of you and it is coming down like mad.
    Jane - still coming down but more finely now.

Half the snow slid off our shed roof just now revealing that it is about 5" deep across the break. That is all from last night as the roof was clear yesterday.

I hear we have a warmish weekend coming up, so that should melt some of - then we'll all be whizzing about like nuts, doing everything we've put off for the last 2-3 weeks !
    Jules

It's melting really sloooowly here and is almost as treacherous as the icy stuff was. I slid nicely down the drive to the car this afternoon to take Laura to work

Much excitement here, as the postman came! I've even seen patches of grass outside! WOW

Can't wait for the big thaw....
    Jules

All signs of snow are now gone, just waiting for the black ice tomorrow and then the floods!!!
    Neil