Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you make your (jewellery) party swing?

Did you sign up for the newsletter? Then you will be force fed with info once a month too!!
    Barbara

Did you sign up for the newsletter? Then you will be force fed with info once a month too!!
    Barbara
    - discovered I'd been getting it for nearly a year. I set up a rule so that it went into its own little folder. Then I promptly forgot about it...
    Di x

I personally keep my jewelry parties separate. I do trunk shows where I bring completed pieces to someone's home and I do jewelry making parties where folks can make their own jewelry pieces.

When I schedule a trunk show wine, food and friends are always a part of the equation. This takes the responsibility off of me to be the hostess with the mostest! I'm the jewelry lady and the host gets everyone to mingle and shop.

When I hold jewelry making parties, the same equation above is employed except beads and tools are introduced. When you present women with sparkly beads, they get excited about making jewelry and start chatting with one another and you're there serving as the jewelry making expert.
    Best of luck!

I have a question about parties. How much stock do you usually have to take? And do you make duplicates which you can produce onto the table if one gets sold, or does that detract from the hand-made one-off feel of the jewellery?

That's a really good question Lindy!! Having thought about it I would do both I think - have one range that are your 'stock' items and are easily reproduced so you can make more of them (I have a few bracelets like that) and you can have two or three out on the table at the same time. And then the One Of A Kind (OOAK the Americans call it) range that can be more expensive and unique.

What do others think?