Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's done and it's open.

Hi bud,
    glad you took it in the light hearted way it was meant...ive upset so many on forums by my 'ways' lol.

I shot myself in the foot so many times doing sites, by including this and that...to get rankings, which actually confused the rankings and results.

In posts a while back i got into hot water by arguing with those who swore by seo....i dont see it or agree with it, not in the way peeps swear by it, or dilute content by it.
    my main site, ben buxton...is easily searchable on google, and if you want me, know my name and know im a jeweller, im top of the list, one entry, and just that, which is how i want it, and i insuletd someone who had 3 pages of results on thier name check, by saying whats the point...but really, whats the point?
    You can get me by my name alone, or by jewellers and my area...and peeps were saying my site had bad seo?

Ok search for diamond rings, i wont show up...but thats cause i dont sell em on the net! Through my various sites, ive found google to be realistic and fair, in listings, and couldnt ask for more, just by manual google entry and no seo.....from what you know about me, my name or location, or other details you have about me from this forum, can you google me and find me? if so..job done! in my book anyway..lol!

'ive upset so many on forums by my 'ways' lol.' quote from Benb on 8.12.10 at precisley 10.28pm

not just by your 'ways' Ben!
    Last edited by Emerald; 08-01-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    To be brutally honest Carl and I am no way trying to offend and pick holes but as you are selling I would consider re-doing the photographs. I know mine on my site are awful but I plan on totally re-doing them all when I plan on selling a few bits in March. They are a little dark and need simpler/brighter staging.

As someone else said, you should consider also adding some estimated sizes. You wouldn't want some huge old biffer buying one of your bracelets only to find she can't get it on her little finger.
    None taken Jason, I'm not like that. some have said the pictures look good so I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder. I'm not a photographer but as per my other thread i'm finding less and less time to devote to online stuff including forums. I never even had a web prescence before october last year and although i've learned alot about website shite, I'd rather just work at being a jeweller. I've done it for 13 yrs and survived ok and the start of 2010 has been bloomin good. My courses are well thought of and well attended so in my own small world (which is where I like to be) I'm very happy. Infact i visited my bank today to be told 4 of the bank staff are coming down for a days course. Thats what it's all about. Any how ..enough of me. I'm bowing out for a few months to get on and get busy.

Best of luck to all of ya..

NO! no...CARL, dont bow out, even for a breather....if any of us have upset you, we are sorry, and i have PM'd you, explaining perhaps our 'humour', for which i appologise!

Your a great contributor, and like any forum, you get wise crackers...all par for the course...but well meant.

me and jason can be turds, for which i appologise! but its all well meant.

Hi Ben,
    I've tried to reply to your pm but it won't let me.

No offence taken and didn't take yours or jasons comments with anything more than a pinch of salt.

So no worries and all the best.