Thread: anyone know of a soldering course?

Default anyone know of a soldering course?

I am looking for a soldering course, preferably in the north west if anyone knows of any

I'm a bit far away but it's nice and sunny down here with no snow... be a lovelly couple of days out.

Regards

Carl

Hi, It might be worth taking a look at your local FE college for an evening course.

Default new courses for 2010

I am a proffessional jeweller, with 20 years experience, and I will be doing personalised video tutorials with unlimited email support in 2010, which will save people traveling half way accross the country, or attending evening classes.

Craftspeople can email which areas they are struggling with, and I will video the techniques, such as soldering, on a case specific basis, demonstrating examples of what they are trying to acheive and give real time advice via email and messanger.

Exact details yet to be confirmed, but it will be cheap, and will be available by the end of January.

interested parties please email

benbuxton@benbuxton.com

Thanks for the offer Carl, is slightly far tho, I would prefer to have someone in person, but thanks Ben.

there is a college course, but I will have to wait for September for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksforfrocks View Post
    I am looking for a soldering course, preferably in the north west if anyone knows of any

I'm not sure where you are based, but if you are able to travel it might be worth looking at the traditional skills courses we run here at York School of Jewellery. The classes are very much student led and as we are independant there's no paperwork/course curriculum etc etc so if you want to come and just learn to solder then we can facilitate that. We run classes at the weekend if that helps aswell as weekday and evening.

If you are looking at attending your local evening class - get in touch with them to see what the course curriculum is and what you can expect to learn - you may be restricted in the amount of soldering you can do as the class may be not be particulary flexible.

The key with soldering is practice and lots of it and using just the right amount of solder and heat for the job and this will come with experience and practice.

Julie
    York School of Jewellery- classes and courses in jewellery