Thread: accounts

Angry accounts

any know someone who can help with my accounts and submit tax return before end of jan - accounts not my strong point and slightly panicking now!

Sorry, can't help you out there. I haven't done mine yet. That will be something to look forward to when we get back from our holiday mid-January!

I have got a tax course with the Inland Revenue in Jan, if you give them a ring they usually have spaces for this type of tax workshop relatively quickly, it maybe worth getting in touch with them to see if they have any free spaces in the next few weeks

Default re accounts

Quite agree about tax days at Inland Revinue, invaluable.

But for those of you not yet set up in business selling etc. keep ALL your reciepts for materials etc as these can be claimed back in your first year of trading.(up to 6 years of materials etc.)

There are lots of things you can and can't claim for so do get on the one day courses.

Best wishes

Christine

Smile

yes thanks for that i think i will - have done a course before but not sure if i should have my accounts done properly by an accountant or if i can just submit my own tax return and leave it at that

Sarah, my Oh has always done my accounts (having had a session with a tax adviser first). He does the tax returns and, so far, we have always had a rebate because we've never been in profit! (I'm not talking about jewellery but hte principle is the same)
    Di x