Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too hard working to post?

Default Too hard working to post?

Not many posts?

Are we all working hard on new designs

I got a Lampwork kit from Santa so i'm working hard to make glass do what i want!!
    Neil

Smile The big clearout has started

Hello Neil,

I've been busy busy tidying my jewellery doing room, as its an absolute tip. It has got to the stage where I can't find anything in here, let alone any other room in the house. We were looking for a staple gun a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it .... embarrassingly, I found it in my 'in' tray this morning - Gawd knows how it got there! We have a draw full of wires and things and have even gone out and bought something, only to discover we've already got one at home... so its clearout time!

I think my jewellery doing days will be a while yet, as after clearing out stuff, Im organising my database
    Jules

We're also having a massive tidy up, which includes buying a couple of new armchairs to replace a very tatty sofa! Jewellery might be top of my to do list but its certainly not top of the OH's. He retires in March and we're very aware that if we want to renew stuff we have to do it within the next three months.

Personally I'd rather spend it on tools
    Di x

sorry i just havent been feeling very sociable
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    We're also having a massive tidy up, which includes buying a couple of new armchairs to replace a very tatty sofa! Jewellery might be top of my to do list but its certainly not top of the OH's. He retires in March and we're very aware that if we want to renew stuff we have to do it within the next three months.

Personally I'd rather spend it on tools
    Buying tools wins every time, or stuff for my jewellery! Oh gawd Di, you'll have to give your OH a massive 'to do' list to keep him out of your way when he does retire otherwise you'll get no peace to make more beautiful goodies for us all to admire.

Not long now to the BIG day !! I'll be thinking of you
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    I've been thinking about you lots over Xmas Su. You have my sympathies I did try to find the thread about your current problems so that I could reply, but just couldn't find it anywhere All I can say is that it WILL get better. We all have days where we don't want to see anyone or post on the forum, don't we guys, but this is def one place where we can all give each other a big

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    Sending virtual hugs Su. Hang in there, 2010 will be a better year, I'm sure it will!!
    Lorraine

Everyones reeling at the shock of the sale items from cooksons.

Actually been busy with some borosilicate glass sculptural work , had some brilliant fun.

freshened up the website a bit...
    Last edited by Carl Martin; 28-12-2009 at 06:58 PM.

i've made 4 beads so far, had a big problem getting them off the mandrels.

but found that the ultrasonic cleaner works great to free them.

I find it hard to see the flame and keep the glass rods in the correct place, hope i get there before I run out of rods. Makes a change from working with silver and don't cost as much!!
    Neil

Put the beads in a container of water and let the bead release soften, really stubborn ones you will need to grab the end of the mandrell with a good pair of pliers the bead should just twist off the longer you leave them to soak the easier it is..
    Glass work with gold and silver mainly sculptural but some pieces of jewellery too is my aim for 2010. It's a hell of alot cheaper. After 13 yrs only working with metals (gold platinum and silver) I want to broaden the skills base a bit as i've made so many pieces I need a different medium to experiment with . I've been into lampworking for about 3 months and find it so very very rewarding and you are so right on the cost bit. I've got some Classes that are being held from my workshop/studio along with 2 other glass artisans from next week. Am so excited for 2010. I've held 4 open day at the studio so far all attended by glass workers most I had was 19 at one event.