Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for christmas??????

Default Are you ready for christmas??????

hey everyone are you already for christmas???? i'm not at all,no cards written, no decs up,hardly any pressies bought!!and my son has now finished school so he'll be lounging around the house aswell (he's 14 so i believe that's fairly normal behaviour!!) Help!!!
    Bridget x x

Never be afraid to try something new,remember amateurs built the Ark,
    professionals built the Titanic!!!

http://www.rusticcharmjewellery.co.uk

nope no help at all no where near finished and i have a birthday on mon aswell (not mine) and mine all broke up today aswell x

lol we're quite organised for a change! pressies done (except OH's) decorations up (and not pulled down by kitten which is a miracle!) just got to get christmas munchies and booze

nowt done at all. And now the OH has come home from work with masses of bloody cards. eek bloody eek
    Di x

tree is up and most pressies organised but thats it. gotta make something for my mother, and kurts gf, and need to write the cards this weekend. Really dont want to know about xmas at all
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
    hey everyone are you already for christmas???? i'm not at all,no cards written, no decs up,hardly any pressies bought!!and my son has now finished school so he'll be lounging around the house aswell (he's 14 so i believe that's fairly normal behaviour!!) Help!!!
    Tell everyone that you are not doing cards this year as this goes against your "Green" principals. Amazon with free Prime next day delivery for all presents and ignore the 14 yr old as he will ignore you anyway (provide him with food and the remote control though!) xx

Cards are sent - posted ones anyway - village ones get taken around on foot this weekend. Garden centre still haven't delivered the tree - blamed the snow - I got out in my little KA, you'd think they could in a truck!!
    Can't put deccies on tree until tree arrives!!
    Still have one or two pressies to get.
    Had a lovely time with my grandson (8 years old) on Wednesday evening - he's made his Dad and his uncle a fused glass coaster each (we scored the glass together and he wielded the cut runners to break the cuts) and he's made his Mum and his aunt a fused glass pendant each - again scored with both of us holding the cutter but he chose everything, did the addition of dichroic frit on his mum's pendant and did the cut running. All that's left is to add the bails on Tuesday. Last year it cost me a fortune as he made a silver clay butterfly necklace for his mum (took nearly 40 grams of clay (ouch)) and fingerprint cufflinks for his dad.
    Lorraine

Don't worry y'all christmas is ages away!

If anyone wants me, I'll be in Egypt by the big river

Nah, Christmas isn't organised yet. We've done a few cards, got some pressies yesterday, but will get the rest on Mon/Tuesday next week. Decs haven't gone up yet and it will be interesting to see what the feral cat thinks of those ... they have been particularly taken by the ones on mum-in-law's on the dolls houses she made. I'll post some pics next week. Oh yes, then there's the food to order, etc etc

I love Christmas, but not the doing stuff and can't bear all the waste - such a shame when there are so many people in the world, who have so little.
    Jules

Well, I managed to get OH to write some cards last weekend - the first time in 20 years - and got these posted on Tuesday. Done a bit of online ordering and waiting for deliveries. Wound ivy and lights down the banisters on Thursday. No food shopping or christmas tree yet.

I'm supposed to be working at a market on Wednesday and Thursday so I'm going to try to cram some housework in on Monday and Tuesday. Otherwise, it's bung everything from the dining room into a box and throw a blanket over it in the corner....ooh, sounds like a cunning plan.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com