Thread: Posting jewellery

Default Posting jewellery

Hey,
    Has any body ever had an specific problems having their jewellery delivered using Royal mail or any other service/courier? Whats peoples preferred methods? Good experiences? BAD EXPERIENCES?

Just wanted to use one of these great smilies

Hi, sorry, I've not sent any jewellery via any postal or delivery services, so afraid I can't help at all. Just wanted to respond though as your post looked a little lonely!

Default Re posting jewellery

If you send jewellery in the post by Special Delivery, Royal Mail, you choose bands of insurance and can track and trace the packets. in the event of loss you are compensated.

Pack the work well and put a return address on the back of the envelope.( in case of non delivery problems)

I do this all the time and all my work is safe.They will even refund postage for late delivery.

PM me if you have any further questions.

Christine

I sent some bits out yesterday by normal post and they arrived this morning but i know when we did the secret santa some bits took a while to arrive but it was the first week of December if you are concerned about sending send them recorded x

special delivery everytime as the postoffice will not compensate for jewellery sent via recorded delivery.
    hope this helps

stu g

One thing I also bear in mind is the size of the finished package.
    Some of my boxes are quite deep and I tend to send those by a signed for service, regardless of value, in case the contents are damaged by being forced through a letterbox.

I send out about 50 boxes a week in the run up to Christmas and unless it's valuable (ie over £100) I always send by 1st class recorded delivery. I know it's not insured but so far (touch wood) I haven't had a problem.