Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Christmas Wish List

A rolling mill is an absolutely must-have. I use it for texturing, milling wire, thinning down the ends of wire that I want to solder to a piece of silver, adding interest to scroll clasps...... the list is endless. Once you've got one, you wonder how you managed without it.

I'm really excited because I've just put in an order to Rio Grande. I've ordered a massive hole punch (1 7/8") with a centre die set and some star shaped metal dies, all for use with my Bonny Doon. I justify it by thinking it's pointless investing in a Bonny Doon if you don't use it to it's full potential. I plan to make big aluminium circle pendants and also large circular silver lockets. I'm also planning to make star shaped silver beads. I just love this jewellery making lark as there's always something new to aspire to.

Oh this is too difficult,

I really want

1. some good stone setting tools.

2. a local stone setting course.

3. Or a really good tutor to provide me with some one to one stone setting tuition ( or failing that, a lovely step by step guide with piccies a la Bigwol to beadsetting XX)

Santa, I have tried my hardest to be a good girl this year, I have hormones, which makes me part trollbitch but I am not evil all the time and it really isn't my fault xx

My wish list has changed a bit since last Thursday.

Thanks to the Cookies Christmas comp I'll soon have a punch set and I'm pretty certain that Santa is going to bring a disc cutter ....................................... so now it must be the rolling mill.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

It is starting to sound very appealing

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    A rolling mill is an absolutely must-have. I use it for texturing, milling wire, thinning down the ends of wire that I want to solder to a piece of silver, adding interest to scroll clasps...... the list is endless. Once you've got one, you wonder how you managed without it.

I'm really excited because I've just put in an order to Rio Grande. I've ordered a massive hole punch (1 7/8") with a centre die set and some star shaped metal dies, all for use with my Bonny Doon. I justify it by thinking it's pointless investing in a Bonny Doon if you don't use it to it's full potential. I plan to make big aluminium circle pendants and also large circular silver lockets. I'm also planning to make star shaped silver beads. I just love this jewellery making lark as there's always something new to aspire to.
    Your jewellery is gorgeous carolle, do you make those flowers by hand ?? Beautiful items xx

Thanks Gayle. I get the flowers etched out for me. I used to cut them out by hand but they turned into my bestsellers and were too labour intensive.

Love your style of jewellery, your website is gorgeous too xx

For Christmas I would like

1. A rolling mill and disc cutter
    2. A place on a wax carving course
    3. and for my family to make it home to Australia

None of which I will get. Well you can still wish, can't you.

Oh and Di's son home too.
    Linda