Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabochons and stones

Default Cabochons and stones

I haven't bought that many stones or cabs as I am nervous about buying from unknown suppliers on the internet. Cookson's selection is quite limited, so I wondered if anyone on the forum would be happy to recommend a reputable supplier (s).

thanks Lisa

Marquise Jewels - Gemstone Cabochons, Beads and Jewellery Findings

I've bought a few from Marquise and more to the point George mentioned them in a previous thread.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

I've recently bought some online from Kernowcraft - very fast service and exactly what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybank View Post

I've bought a few from Marquise and more to the point George mentioned them in a previous thread.
    I've just started using this supplier as well (on George's reccomendation) and I've been happy with the results, delivery was very quick as well and the prices are ok.

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by AliMac View Post
    I've recently bought some online from Kernowcraft - very fast service and exactly what I wanted.
    I've used these to over the years. Hannah is most helpful and they provide and excellent service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybank View Post

I'd give a for them too, service has always been fab with them, I just wish they had a selection of higher end stuff. If you saw my thread yesterday about having to order more stones, it was them and I emailed to ask if they could despatch same day as I needed them urgently - within an hour I had an email saying it was no problem and another hour an email to tell me my package was on it's way!

Kernowcraft do have some nice stuff too and their service is good. I'm yet to find many more very good gemstone suppliers and am hoping to go to a couple of trade shows next year to hopefully find some. If you have a look on Etsy and Ebay you can pick up some decent stuff and at good prices, and the feedback systems are a good indication of the supplier's reliability.
    Lucinda

I had PM'd about this, but I'll share!

I also use Marquise a lot for everyday stuff, and Kernowcraft too - they're both incredibly reliable and helpful and know their stuff as well.

For higher end stuff, I try to buy in person - the gem fairs or spring fair are great for this. I like buying from Affinity Gems (because they're such nice people) - who have a great range of beads as well. I also buy from Wards, though I wish they had a proper online shop rather than having to email or phone orders through, I always seem to get in a muddle with this and I like having a running total in a cart to help curb my buying enthuiasms!

One of these days I'm going to do a big order direct from India or the Far East - I know a couple of people who've done this with sellers they've found through Etsy with excellent results. It's just finding the right seller of course!

Right, who's coming to Sri Lanka with me on a gem buying trip?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    ME!
    Lucinda

Yeah George, that would be a great trip wouldnt it - I'd spend an absolute fortune - especially on sapphires ! I just love Ceylon Sapphires.

Actually, my brother and sister-in-law go to Sri Lanka every year- I wonder if they could be trusted.......... mmmm..........

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post

Me!!!
    Di x