Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Your New Year's Resolutions Here!!

Default Air Your New Year's Resolutions Here!!

Well, I only have a couple of jewellery items to finish off now..I have a 21st birthday cake to do for the 18th, a sponge Christmas cake to make and decorate and some fruit Christmas cakes to decorate before the big day... so my mind is now free enough to start to think about how I will do things differently next year.

Both my jewellery work areas are total bomb sites now as I haven't had time to tidy them up...so certainly my main resolution is to work more tidily and to clear up a bit at the end of each session so that it never gets so bad again!!

I also plan to say 'NO' a lot more - which I hope will mean I get less stressed and have more opportunities to do what I want to do and not what I feel I have to do. And I want to build in some time to develop new skills...I have just bought 2 new books, one to show me how to set stones and another all about filigree work.

So that is the start of my list...I'm sure I shall add more to it in the coming days.

What will you be doing differently in 2010?

I have the same one every year, not to make one the next year. but I can't even keep to that.

This year i plan to lose weight, build a new studio and learn to type better.

See that's 3 and I was not going to have any.

I plan to give selling jewellery a go and set up a website showing off my work so far.

Don't know if it will work but we'll see - nothing ventured, nothing gained - as people keep telling me.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

I have just, one, but it covers a lot - not to let opportunity pass me by and to work hard at making my life what I want it to be.

I spent too long not making the most of my life when I was ywith my ex. I know exactly what I want out of life and I know it's all doable, personal, career etc and now I have someone who encourages and supports me to do those things, I'm determined to make them happen!
    Lucinda

I'd like to get a better work/life balance next year. Don't know how I'm going to achieve it but I really can't continue to work the ridiculously long hours I do now. I also need to get back on my diet and lose the weight that's crept back this year.

I don't really do New Years resolutions, but my list is the same as yours Barbara - work more tidily and say No more often. I've already successfully said No to two events, so am pleased with myself on that front and spent the whole of yesterday tidying my desk and I only scratched the surface. The big things for next year are sorting out my database, learning new techniques and lose more weight by doing more cycling/walking.

Oh yes, and my OH and I have started learning french (again) and hope to finish the course this time.
    Jules

I only have two really.

1. Step down from my currant position and go back to a regular shift pattern so I can plan my time better.

2. Get my website up and running and look at slowly replacing my income from Tesco's with my jewellery making.

The others are always subject to change depending on how I feel! lol.

(p.s. can we please keep the snow smillie after christmas!)
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

I too dont normally make resolutions, but i guess in the forthcoming year i am hoping to keep off the weight i have worked so hard to lose this year, build a life for myself with my own rules instead of everyone elses, pick up speed and be more efficient in my jewellery making.

I am hoping that the financial worries of my seperation will settle and that i can feel confident that everything will be ok. I am praying that i can start to sell some jewellery through Kurt so that i can afford to buy more supplies.

Basically i just want things to be calm and comfortable, and move into this new chapter of my life without so many worries. This has been a pretty crappy decade for one reason or another, here hoping that things change in the next one
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

To decide which direction I'm going in....
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Hmmm I always have new resolutions but its my resolution to stop having lots of new resolutions and just concentrate on one or two things.

So, to concentrate better and be more focused and patient.

Aaaarrrgh! I've spent 34 years learning not to concentrate and to be impatient its gonna be a tough task.
    Michelle x