Thread: Air Your New Year's Resolutions Here!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Air Your New Year's Resolutions Here!!

Well, I only have a couple of jewellery items to finish off now..I have a 21st birthday cake to do for the 18th, a sponge Christmas cake to make and decorate and some fruit Christmas cakes to decorate before the big day... so my mind is now free enough to start to think about how I will do things differently next year.

Both my jewellery work areas are total bomb sites now as I haven't had time to tidy them up...so certainly my main resolution is to work more tidily and to clear up a bit at the end of each session so that it never gets so bad again!!

I also plan to say 'NO' a lot more - which I hope will mean I get less stressed and have more opportunities to do what I want to do and not what I feel I have to do. And I want to build in some time to develop new skills...I have just bought 2 new books, one to show me how to set stones and another all about filigree work.

So that is the start of my list...I'm sure I shall add more to it in the coming days.

What will you be doing differently in 2010?

I have the same one every year, not to make one the next year. but I can't even keep to that.

This year i plan to lose weight, build a new studio and learn to type better.

See that's 3 and I was not going to have any.

I plan to give selling jewellery a go and set up a website showing off my work so far.

Don't know if it will work but we'll see - nothing ventured, nothing gained - as people keep telling me.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

I have just, one, but it covers a lot - not to let opportunity pass me by and to work hard at making my life what I want it to be.

I spent too long not making the most of my life when I was ywith my ex. I know exactly what I want out of life and I know it's all doable, personal, career etc and now I have someone who encourages and supports me to do those things, I'm determined to make them happen!
    Lucinda

I'd like to get a better work/life balance next year. Don't know how I'm going to achieve it but I really can't continue to work the ridiculously long hours I do now. I also need to get back on my diet and lose the weight that's crept back this year.

I don't really do New Years resolutions, but my list is the same as yours Barbara - work more tidily and say No more often. I've already successfully said No to two events, so am pleased with myself on that front and spent the whole of yesterday tidying my desk and I only scratched the surface. The big things for next year are sorting out my database, learning new techniques and lose more weight by doing more cycling/walking.

Oh yes, and my OH and I have started learning french (again) and hope to finish the course this time.
    Jules