Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deliveries from America

Default Deliveries from America

I ordered stuff from Rio Grande at tea-time yesterday and by 3.49 this morning it arrived at East Midlands Airport. I'll get a call this morning, I expect to settle the tax bill (grrrrr!) and will possibly get the stuff later today.
    The same happened when I ordered my Bonny Doon. How amazing is that?

Wow! That was quick
    Can't wait to see what you do with the new toys!

Wow that is amazing, I am still waiting for a Christmas pressie that I ordered from a UK Entertainment site to arrive which I ordered 2 weeks ago !!

You lucky lucky girl Carole, I am so jealous xx

I know what you ordered, but have no idea as to what they are, so looking forward to seeing the output.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

The Americans have customer service sorted don't they. Why can't we do it over here?
    Di x

Going off at a tangent, Carole - do bear in mind that the tooling for the Bonny Doon isn't generally terribly tricky stuff, and any small engineering firm should be able to make things like those up. *Might* be cheaper than buying from the US, no guarantees.

Well lucky you Carol xx I am jealous as i order lots of stuff from beadaholique and then decided to choose the $14.00 fed ex shipping just to make sure i would have it in a couple of days,,,,,,,,,,,,that was on the first of dec and i have not yet received my items (today presumably) my blood pressure is sky high as i need some items in the package to finish off some christmas orders.............. I am so mad

I have always been lumbered with huge import taxes using FedEx - I chose them for their speed too. What happened is that the packages sat in customs for days on end
    Di x

I've checked it out Di, its not in customs, its in the Dublin Fed Ex depot and they decided all by themselves that my address was wrong so if i did not check it out it would still be sitting there (oops it still could be as i did'nt get it yet) I'm afraid i will actually freak if i do not receive it today.............. Ohhhhhh i hate stress

and there's plenty of it about, eh? Stress I mean, specially at this time of year when we're all supposed to be filled with good cheer
    Di x