Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can it go any more wrong?

Thanks everyone, and Su, yeah it should - just not enough hours in the day at the moment and I've got pretty run down, which makes it harder to get stuff done!

The scratch in that stone was so deep I would have been there forever trying to get it out, and I think I would have deformed the shape. As it happens though, OH came home and spotted the original stone on the floor, it didn't get under the floorboards after all! I spent nearly an hour rummaging aound on the floor with a torch trying to fing it, ah well!

Early night for me tonight, and hopefully I shall be more capable in the morning
    Lucinda

Morning Lucinda
    Hope today is a brand sparkly new one and everything goes well!
    Lorraine

Aww thank you Lorraine

Well I got a good night's sleep, which feels good, but I have some kind of bug thing which has resulted in a very sore throat and painflu head and neck. If I could chop my head off I would feel great!

Banking on the regenerative properties of a Cheese and Onion Toastie and some Anadin, and the hopefully I can do something useful with the day!
    Lucinda

Hope the powers of cheesy toast kick in for you Lucinda - I had something similar for a couple of days earlier this week....cheese on toast and fish-fingers sandwiches did it for me. Well, along with the paraceutamol and mega-dose of VitC.

Fingers crossed for a more stress-free day for you than yesterday
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Thank you Kym!

Something's doing the trick, my aches and pains have susided somewhat!

God, I love Fishfinger sandwiches! Haven't had one in ages either, that could be my dinner sorted!
    Lucinda

Haha fish finger sandwiches are wonderful - that's exactly what I'm having with my daughter this evening - hubby's away, so I don't have to do grown up cooking

Good old OH - sometimes there is a point to them.
    Hope you're having a better day.

Yummy, I'm definitely going to have a cheese and onion toastie - now where's the Breville?

I hate fish fingers.

MMMmmmmmmm!! Cookies Forum....The home of fine dining!!

I had that sore throat and bad head last week - it felt like a hangover, but I hadn't drunk anything - very disappointing really!

Ah on the foodie front, I do love a chip buttie! Ah now my favourite way of cooking a cheese toastie is to add a bit of worcestershire sauce - absolutely delicious! Talking of foodie things, I made a lovely stock the other day from a chicken we'd eaten for dinner, added some veg stock, few herbs, a whole head of celery, some home grown carrots and a lovely leek. My OH knew I was a bit busy, so said he'd do the spuds for me. Later there was a lovely smell of soup wafting up the stairs.... much later I noticed a strange smell. You've guessed it - burnt soup! Very very very burnt! We could smell that soup for several days.... bless him. So its not only me that puts something on the cooker and comes upstairs and starts reading forums and forgets about everything else!
    Jules

Fine dining all the way So many things are great between two slices of bread! That soup sounded lovely Jules, what a shame! I've opted for a slightly more nutritious dinner than more sandwiches though, which is in the slow cooker atm and smells gorgeous. We got some lamb shanks from the farmers market on saturday and I have lobbed them in with some onions, carrots and mushrooms, red wine and stock and a few other bits and bobs that were in the kitchen and looked like they might go. Think I shall do some mash with it later on, yum!
    Lucinda