Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Today I have mostly been making

Gorgeous George! Did I miss the bit where you said where you got those extra big disc cutters from?

They are totally gorgeous - I so want a disc cutter and doming stuff -

love them george so different from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Gorgeous George! Did I miss the bit where you said where you got those extra big disc cutters from?
    It's a swanstrom set Carole - I got mine here:

Swanstrom Disc Cutters - $250.00 : fundametals.net, essential tools for creating wire & metal jewelry

along with the centre plugs and (ahem) one or two other things.....

They're made for Rio Grande, but the shipping would have been much higher bought direct.

I have to say, it's a very beautiful bit of kit

Ooh, that's the one on my wish list (hoping to get it via the OH's parents who live in Florida) - glad you give it the thumbs up!
    Lucinda

You can always come and have a play Lucinda - it's really not that far......

I know, you keep saying that aswell Let me get my life a bit more organised (I've been sooo all over the shop since I moved) and I'll be there!
    Lucinda

Wow! That looks like a fab set. I'd love one of those. I've already good 2 sets though, so I mustn't be greedy. On the other hand ..........

I've been away watching a movie and have only just got to see these wonderful toggles. George, they are absolutely beautiful! (and I'm still reeling from the thought of the size 12 polyester )
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Quinn View Post

B - I kind of have this set!! My husband has bought it for me for Christmas, it is in a box in the cupboard under the stairs, next to the hoover !! Like I would never find it !! Dohh !! I'll let you know what it is like on Boxing Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    I'm the mug that's got that set on order, Barbara. I was planning on trying it out over Christmas. I did think it sounded too good to be true but thought it would do for a start.
    Well girls...I expect a full review of the product by lunchtime on Boxing Day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    I had a similar discussion with someone from Cookies the other day when I was thinking of ordering the same item. I couldn't understand how it worked and thought in the end that buying the disc cutter alone was the best idea for me. Can't wait to get cutting, now its arrived
    So how does it work then??? As I said...I have just been looking with longing - I hadn't really got to the how it works stage yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    seriously, you don't need to start out with an expensive one. I only needed to upgrade mine because I really do cut a LOT of discs - literally hundreds at a time.
    Thanks for all the info George! I'm still so much of a beginner that I view things the other way round...the more functions I can get out of a tool the better it is!! I will be 90 before I can think of spending that sort of money on a tool!! But I do want to have a play...and for that £50 is still a lot of money!!