Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Payment

Right, I'm in a muddle again... just got an email from a customer from my website who would like an item quickly. How long does a cheque take to clear? Is it standard practice to say 'I will send you the items as soon as the cheque has cleared?' I think it all might be too late, but I would appreciate some help! xxx

Cheques normally take 3 - 5 days, and yeah, you shouldn't send anything out until it has cleared.
    Lucinda

Have you got a PayPal account they could send the funds to.

People who rush you to send goods are sometimes fraudsters so you need to be careful - a lot are mostly genuine as well though.

OOOh Geti you are a genius!!! Yes, I have a pay pal account, would that be fairly straight forward to do? I've only ever spent money on paypal

I would never send something to a stranger without payment, I just thought it sounded a bit rude in the email, but I guess thats business for you

I had a look on paypal, it looks to me like its on the 'Request money' tab, then all I need is the customers email address, I enter the amount and click 'goods'? Is that right? Would they then open their paypal account and the request would be there, and it would all be nice and easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    I had a look on paypal, it looks to me like its on the 'Request money' tab, then all I need is the customers email address, I enter the amount and click 'goods'? Is that right? Would they then open their paypal account and the request would be there, and it would all be nice and easy?
    I think if you request money on paypal it then sends them an email, which they click a link on and it goes to their paypal log in. If they don't have paypal they can just pay by card i think.
    So as long as you have their email address it should be fine

Just login to PayPay and you should see the link for requesting money - they don't need to have a PayPal account to do this either, just an email address

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    OOOh Geti you are a genius!!!
    Now thats not something you hear often !

Glad you got it sorted Charlotte

Now thats not something you here often
    I know you love me really