Thread: Titanium

Post Titanium

Please can anyone tell me where I can buy titanium in the UK for jewellery making?

Thanks
    Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I think your best bet is to ask Alan Hadley at Geti-Titanium, or on the other forum. However if you just want ready coloured jump-rings, there are some uk suppliers here: http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t...=0&aqi=&aql=&o. Otherwise it's www.reactivemetals.com in the USA, who are very easy to deal with.
    Last edited by Dennis; 01-05-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Once again Dennis

Many thanks....I will check this out
    Cathy

Hi Cathy,
    Just noticed your query. If you're looking for titanium sheet, I have some Grade 1, 0.5mm which I'll be putting up on ebay in the next couple of days in pieces from 5x10cm to 15x10cm. It's perfect for jewellery, being the softest grade of pure titanium and therefore easy to saw and drill, and it colours up beautifully when oxydised.

I spent a long time searching for a supplier of small quantities of sheet, and ended up having to buy a big piece so decided to sell off what I can't use. I'm not sure of the etiquette about offering goods for sale on the forum here, so if you are interested please send me a private message and I'll tell you how to find my listing.

Denise

As far as I'm concerned, you are more than welcome to advertise your Ti in the classifieds.

Thank you, Peter. I hadn't noticed the classifieds. I've had a look at it (them?) and it seems to be almost entirely people offering their own unwanted items, whereas my titanium sheet has become a bit of a business venture, albeit in a very small way. I don't want to break any rules, so I thought I'd better check before I post anything.

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    Please can anyone tell me where I can buy titanium in the UK for jewellery making?

Thanks
    Cathy
    Hi Cathy, try Titek in Sutton Coldfield. Justin is quite sociable :-)

http://www.titek.co.uk/