Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first Hallmark!!!

I've just sent a load of stuff off for same day hallmarking. I hope they do it and return it on the day they get it or it won't be back in time for this weekend. It's costing me double but as I've only got 3 shows to do now I really need it.

Default Me too !

I got my first batch back too, and I've now got to finish them off.

In this case they placed the marks exactly where I wanted, but I'm not sure if there is a foolproof way of indicating on the all note as well as the individual pieces - e.g. using a marker pen ?

I guess that having paid for the punch and the registration, I'd better get making more pieces.
    Neil

I used a fine permanent marker to put where I wanted the stamp placed - it's what the assay office suggested and it seemed to work just fine. They cleaned the marker off before stamping the hallmark.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

i marked mine with a pen too,they didn't clean it off tho but i wiped it off when i got them back, some aren't very deep or straight or evenly struck but it's on there and that's all what matters to me ! lol x
    Bridget x x

Never be afraid to try something new,remember amateurs built the Ark,
    professionals built the Titanic!!!

http://www.rusticcharmjewellery.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
    Mine took a while to come through Su,give them a ring to move them along i did as i started to get worried too, they had said about 2 weeks originally but think it was more like 5 when i eventually got notification through.At least my stuff didn't take too long to get hallmarked though!!
    Wow
    great....Congratulations.........Me too waiting for my first diamond ring.. i ordered 15 days back and i have to collect that...im also so excited like you...

Hi Sterling11
    Welcome to the forum.
    Lorraine

Congratulations! I've just filled in my paperwork to take down to the Sheffield office tomorrow - so exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by elliboo View Post
    Congratulations! I've just filled in my paperwork to take down to the Sheffield office tomorrow - so exciting!
    You will have to give us an update of how you got on at the Sheffield Assay office particularly with regards to the service that they provide you.

LOL! That sounds slightly ominous! I'm hoping that since they're only 5 mins drive from me it won't be too bad!

No no nothing like that, I was trying to decide which assay office to register with and as I work in Sheffield that would be the most convenient office.

I was hoping that you will give us an up to date review of the quality of service and the quality of the actual marks.

Maybe we can meet up for lunch when you have them back and you could show off your hallmarks !!?