Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooksons Scrap Pot

Default Cooksons Scrap Pot

Just wondered if anyone had sent a scrap pot off to cooksons and how long it takes to get the money/credit/goods back? I sent a pot of clean silver scrap off just over a week ago to offset against an order I sent with it and I'm itching to get my teeth into te goodies I ordered!!

In my experience, not much more than a week or two, I have never used it to offset an order cost though. I usually get a confirmation letter of what I sent and it's scrap value then a few days later a cheque.
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    In my experience, not much more than a week or two, I have never used it to offset an order cost though. I usually get a confirmation letter of what I sent and it's scrap value then a few days later a cheque.
    Same here. I'd say about 2 weeks. You could always ring them and see if they'll speed things up.

Was it silver in your scrap pot? How much did it weigh? I was told that the silver scrap pot had to have 1kg in it - that is a massive amount!!!

Eh? I have sent in smaller amounts that, I have never amassed a kilo in one go, I usually send in a couple of hundred grams!
    Lucinda

I took my scap into cooksons but they wouldent touch it as it came to just under 500grms so i took it round the corner as all i wanted to do was swap it for new they got my business, sorry cookies its not often you fail xx

Well I rang them to check before I sent it all in that I didn't have to have a full pot as it's the first one I've sent and they said I could send an order with it and they would offset it - saves waiting to get the cheque, banking it etc etc. I think I had about 13oz... I''ll give them a ring on Monday. Thanks for the replies though

Ooh this thread is interesting, I've been thinking about doing my scrap pot soon as its looking full, but I weighed it and including the pot it comes to 490grams.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraBuckle View Post
    Ooh this thread is interesting, I've been thinking about doing my scrap pot soon as its looking full, but I weighed it and including the pot it comes to 490grams.
    I spoke to them and it's all underway and the order has been processed etc. I just dug out my postage receipt and I had 455g inc pot and that gave me about £79 of credit towards my order

Well I sent them a way smaller amount than that( I am only small fry), approx 70grams and all of it was unhallmarked with a fair amount of "dust" and a wee bit of unhallmarked gold. I got back £26.00 which I was totally delighted with. It only took a few days and in my opinion Cookies did me proud.
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT