Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i dont know what to think!

Yeah, they are those beads George. I do think they're worth every penny she gets for them and, if I hadn't spent my money elsewhere this month, I would have one for sure. (For me, not for making into something for somebody else).

I think though that, in the eyes of the general public, silver probably appears to have more intrinsic value, which is why I think Jo would be daft to lower her price at all for these. And, from a purely marketing point of view, if she sells at too low a price the market will be devalued for anybody else who might want to do something similar.
    Di x

I'd be selling them for at least £50 at craft fairs. On-line they'd be much more.

I was thinking of selling on Etsy George its not a path i have pursued but the idea of pagan is a good one and i have thought of an upgrade to handmade Jen Pind but the price scares even me.

I know the lady is not well and sorry i was probably being a bit flippant they probably do take as long and i do love her work she is a toatal inspiration i have bid on so may of her items and i actually thought i had bought in the shop the other day but something played up and i failed hey ho will keep on trying.

They have had such a positive response and have sold a few already just from photos on FB and them not knowing the price before hand, i dont want to start selling them low and regret it when having to steam roller them out so yes Lucinda a few at a higher price is probabley better xx

Thank you all xx

Just out of interest Jo, how long does it take to make one and what are the material costs? (Rough guide figures)

Also, if you were to make 5 in one go, could you do them quicker?

LOL Jo, I didn't necessarily mean adding a hundred quid's worth of chain, I was thinking more along the lines of a nice bit of belcher A heavy ball chain would look fab too, especially with the 'berries'.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    LOL Jo, I didn't necessarily mean adding a hundred quid's worth of chain, I was thinking more along the lines of a nice bit of belcher A heavy ball chain would look fab too, especially with the 'berries'.
    aaah another good idea hadent thought of ball it does look good with the snake and i would be a lot happier with a thicker chain but again its pushing up the price, sorry i am stuck in a price rut i just need something good to happen xx

Hi Jo!
    Those are amazing! I showed your pics to the OH and his gut reaction was £300.
    J x

Thank you Jayne and your OH, maybe when i do them in gold lolxx

I love your tree beads Emerald and I think that the price you gave them is more than reasonable.
    To me they look really complicated because i've never made anything like that before and wouldn't know where to start - I'm guessing that's the same as most of your customers too, they are just buying on face value and don't know how stuff is made either.
    To me they look expensive so you should put a good price tag on them.