Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas? Lights in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.

I'm not keen on tacky, I like traditional or modern I'm not sure who turned our lights on, it was hairy bikers last year, it was probably PJ and Duncan or Cheryl Cole I'm off down to the continental market today for lunch (the pre xmas market, I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Might have a german sausage and some dutch pancakes

I have to go with a traditional look over an arty one.

My family aren't that fussed about christamas to be honest but I've got a small tree with lights and baubles for my workshop. I may get it out and trim it up later today but won't switch it on until Tuesday night (unless somebody else in the street puts their's up first).

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

There's nothing like a traditional Christmas scene of Santa with builder's bum grappling up the side of a neighbour's house in multi-coloured neon to make me want to buy an air-rifle.
    Merry Christmas Everyone ho-ho-ho!
    J x

Tacky all the way, am waiting for a fine weekend to get out the acid blue and eye ball piercing white lights to decorate the outside of the cottage. Had to stop them flashing last year as there was an increase in epileptic fits in the village!

(I'm saving myself till December to start on the christmas smilies, the exception was the cookies comp coz that was christmas related)
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    I find tacky quite depressing.
    I love it when you drive past peoples' houses and you can see the tree and the decorations inside. I'm so nosey.
    oooh me too! I'm off to look at the lights in Beccles in a mo as they have the official turning on and late night shopping with mulled wine etc so going to have a wander while we wait for the curry mmmmm
    I'm sure they will be tacky lights though!

I like white lights and silver/white decorations for the tree, leave the tacky bit to my son in his bedroom!! but i admit to putting a santa stop here sign out the front much to my 14 yr old sons displeasure, but i tell him it has to go out as it went out for his 1st christmas so it's now a tradition!!!! x x
    Bridget x x

Never be afraid to try something new,remember amateurs built the Ark,
    professionals built the Titanic!!!

http://www.rusticcharmjewellery.co.uk

Right - you are all on your honour not to rush to see our outstanding Barnstaple Christmas lights, okay?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lights1.jpg  
    Di x

Barnstable's lights are lovely.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

Yep those lights are fab. Ours in Camborne are always tacky. My own lights are always white and the baubles are always colour co-ordinated with my lounge. I've changed my colour scheme this year to browns and beiges so that may pose a problem

When my children were little and brought home their little decorations from school, they always gradually moved mysteriously until they were around the back. Don't know how that happened!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post

When my children were little and brought home their little decorations from school, they always gradually moved mysteriously until they were around the back. Don't know how that happened!
    LOL - mine too until the boys were old enough not to want to spend Christmas at home - then the tatty christmas puddings and baby jesus were moved to pride of position
    Di x