Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off on another Jolly

I am so sorry that you had a grotty night, I think that the hardest thing in this business is finding really good venues, I think I am more surprised when an event goes well, than when it is dire! Advertising seems to be the last thing that some organisers think of, when commonsense dictates that this is the most vital issue that should be addresssed, no peeps through the door = a failed event in my book.

I really hope that your house shopping evening goes brilliantly for you xx

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    No Lucinda dont think i will be going back either but i have another one on Monday and dont want to do it now but hey ho what else would one be doing on a cold Monday night and i have just cancelled another as its quite far away and i think they are charging far to much so i am off to tidy the house with the intention of doing a couple here, all welcome lol xx

Thanks Lisa xx

Anytime Di you are welcome xx
    Last edited by Emerald; 27-11-2009 at 11:32 AM.

well off i went again tonight dident think i would tempt fait by posting, and this one so much better actually took some money this time, out in the back of beyond but the ambiance etc etc so much better and have got a party booked before xmas with a load of nurses,

Geti do you want to come! xx (god that sounds bad , oh no even worse!)

and have got a party booked before xmas with a load of nurses,
    Nurses? (EARS prick up and insert xmas emoticon with Santa frothing at the mouth here)

Geti do you want to come! xx
    Do you need me to model any underwear or test any toys? Or is it not that sort of party?

Model .................................................. ..pmsl

Model .................................................. ..pmsl
    I'll have you know I've been turned down by loads of top London model agencies

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    I'll have you know I've been turned down by loads of top London model agencies
    For............................................... ........?

For............................................... ........?
    Officially, I didn't have the look that they were after at the time - but I'm fairly sure my time will come

I have to set off in a couple of hours to set up for tonight's jolly and am feeling a bit like Jo last week, it's cold, I have an earache and I have never done this venue before and I'm feeling really negative about it all. I hate selling my jewellery, I don't want to convince people to buy it, I only want people who love it to buy my jewellery, I may not be the best jewellery maker in the world, but I really do put my heart and soul into every piece I make and if one person says something along the lines of "it's a bit expensive " tonight they will receive a Christmassy Glasgow kiss from me !

Rant over..... feeling better now xx

Hope its good for you Lisa let us know how it goes