Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Website

Quote Originally Posted by snow_imp View Post
    Hi Carole - just had a look at your new site. I clicked through to the link on the shop and then the courses - but I can't read the text because the contrast between the two tones of grey is non existent!
    I'm having a few problems with contrast too - although I can just about read it. Some of the photos are really pale though so you can't really see what you are potentially buying - particularly the newlyn daisy chain bracelet and the st ives pendant - 2 that I can remember!! It may well be my screen though as I have not got any techy bods here to tell me if I can alter the settings!

Looks pretty classy though!

Hi Carole,
    Just had a click around your site. It looks lovely - I especially like the banner at the top, although I think the banner is spoilt a little with your contact details on the right. Would it be possible to have your address in a single line either at the top or the bottom of the page?
    I also found it a little tricky to navigate. Once onto the homepage I have to click to get into the shop, scroll down & click again to get into the category of jewellery. If I decide that I've finished looking at bracelets and want to have a look at, say, earrings there's no link to take me there or even back to the shop so I click 'back' and am taken out of the shop altogether. I then have to click to get back into the shop, scroll down etc. etc..
    The images of your jewellery on the banner are beautiful and I'm sure you will sell more of those than your other pieces - would it be possible to have a hyperlink in the image, or in a short piece of text at the bottom of the image so that customers who immediately fall in love with that piece (there will be lots!) can easily make an impulse buy?
    Sorry to be so harsh - I just think that this feedback is more useful now when you can easily tackle your web designers than in 6 months time.
    Love J x

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    If I decide that I've finished looking at bracelets and want to have a look at, say, earrings there's no link to take me there or even back to the shop so I click 'back' and am taken out of the shop altogether. I then have to click to get back into the shop, scroll down etc. etc..
    Love J x
    I found the 'click to view products' button took you back to the shop gallery page - although I agree with you the title doesn't obviously tell you that is what it does! ...so perhaps that could be altered to make its function clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by snow_imp View Post
    I can't read the text because the contrast between the two tones of grey is non existent!
    It looks okay on my monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    I found the 'click to view products' button took you back to the shop gallery page - although I agree with you the title doesn't obviously tell you that is what it does! ...so perhaps that could be altered to make its function clearer.
    Ah-ha! Sorry, I spoke too soon
    J x

The shop isn't loading at all for me. I tried earlier and it was the same. Just says "Please wait. Loading products..." and has been for the last 10 minutes.

A beautiful looking website Carole, really restful on the eye and gorgeous photography

I had no problems loading the online shop or any of the categories but I clicked through the categories and found that some of the links on the bracelets page are a bit temperamental - you can click on some of them, move on but not always click back on an earlier one. I just went back and tried again and more bracelets loaded up and appeared in the scroll, so I don't know if you are loading up the products at the moment.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

It must be me 'cos it still hasn't loaded!
    Bah, I want to see the goodies!

It looks really good to me Carole had no problems with the shop or the contrasts the very best of luck and i hope it pays for itself big time xx

Default Website is really lovely

I had no performance problems at all on the proper link, everything loaded fast, and the scrolling products were working fine.

I use Firefox 3.5.5 and an old 700mhz C800 Dell Latitude with Windows 7 and had no difficulty with contrast or colours - it was all readable, clean and crisp. The colour scheme of the site is great! - it reminded me of summer in Cornwall, strong lighting and piercing blues from sea and sky.

My dad was born in Penzance, and lived in St Agnes for several years and apparently I've got quite a lot of relatives in the Penzance, Marazion, Hayle sort of area.

When we lived in Helston (about half a century ago) my mum entered me into a baby competition, and I'm told I was highly commended for being a happy baby. (it was probably wind!)

Just one minor typo - 'If you are interesting in stocking my jewellery' on the wholesale page was probably intended to read interested

That's about it - great site - I'm sure it will do well for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Stunning,, everything worked perfectly for me, love your jewellery