Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple of new bits and some insanity :)

Default A couple of new bits and some insanity :)

Couple of commissions first - yet another spinny thing - this time with one of Lorna Prime (pixiewillow)'s awesome beads and a Sowzere silk ribbon:

Then a Euro 4-1 on the bias bracelet for a customer who wanted something a bit more 'lacy' than the regular weave. It was a pain to get started, but the end result is quite pretty - and very much lighter than usual too:

Then for the madness.
    I got it into my head that I wanted an alternative to my usual Jens Pind Linkage bracelet for silver core/big hole beads and thought I'd do some etruscan/loop in loop (which I haven't done for ages). I could only find 0.5mm fine silver in the drawer, so decided to use that. It was, erm, fiddly to say the least. It's actually only just over 100 links, but it felt like three times that. Not its final end caps, I need to make some and solder them on, but I wanted to try it out so just crimped some on for now. Final diamater 3mm on the diagonal and 2.25 on the square.

I think that's the last one I'll do in fine silver - I've been doing more fusing with argentium recently, and I find it SO much stronger and nicer to work with.

Oh, nice pieces as ever George. Love the chain maille - I really must try the Jens Pind weave again! I didn't have much joy last time, I'm not sure if it was the AR again - what diameter wire and AR to you use for it? If you don't mind me asking.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Beautiful, I particularly love the 'spinney thing'.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

Verrrry nice George, I'm particularly enamoured with your "spinny thing" the colours are delicious.

And as for the bracelets..... wow.... I could never imagine being able to do that in a million years,

Lisa x

Quote Originally Posted by snow_imp View Post
    ... I really must try the Jens Pind weave again! I didn't have much joy last time, I'm not sure if it was the AR again - what diameter wire and AR to you use for it? If you don't mind me asking.
    JPL needs an AR of 2.9 to 3.1 (anything higher won't lock). My favourite mandrel for 1mm wire for this is a very lightly sanded down 3.0mm bamboo knitting needle. One of my most popular pieces is this scaled down version for silver core/big hole/charm beads.

Oy, George, you're a mad woman!

I've often looked at those Etruscan loop chain things and thought, yeah, I'll give that a go one day. Oh, I so won't!

Your work, as ever is divine.
    Di x

The Lorna Prime Bead pendant is lovely George as are both the Bracelets you must have real patience

they looked wonderful- i sat drooling oveer the three chain maille books that i took receipt of yesterday, and i can wait to try everything out in there that i fgot so excited about. not looking forward to cuttin all the jump rings mind lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Gorgeous as per usual G,

Those weaves both look hellish but I would say that all that hard work was definitely worth it. Try and get a pandora bracelet as good as that, it just wouldn't happen.

That first kinetic pendant is stunning and the colours of the silk work amazingly, it also looks incredibly contemporary and the finish on all pieces simply superb.

This site is a nightmare, so many things I want to try, fabrics, lots of kinetics, maille, keum-boo, texturing, the list is endless.
    I wondered why you'd been a bit quiet lately and now I know why! WOW. I can't imagine how many hours/days they took to make, but as Jason says, your jewellery is simply stunning!

Jules

All of it is just beautiful. And beautifully photographed
    J x
    and I bet you've got nice gift boxes too!?