Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A mare of a day....

Default A mare of a day....

Sorry guys I need a whinge and there is no-one at home.....I settled down this morning to make some textured pendants and earrings, bezel set with some semi-precious cabs but something up there has had it in for me.

First I couldn't find the arm for the rolling mill that adjusts the height of the rollers and had to search for it. That found, the sheet was textured ok. Then I couldn't find the syringes of solder so I had to use pallions to make bezel cups and solder them on - I was ok on the 8mm one but gave up the will to live on the 4mm ones and resorted to some I had already bought that are ever-so-slightly shallow but were good for the stones I wanted to use.

Got the cups soldered on, tidied up and oxidised...ooh, things were looking up. Then one of the 4mm carnelians catapulted across the room never to be seen again despite getting down to search with a torch (searching is a main feature of today....). I had 4 cabs so I still had a spare, but the spare was too high for the bezel cup and kept popping out. So against all principles, I have resorted to (whispering and looking over shoulder) using araldite to hold the 6mm stone in place so I can rubover the setting.

I've spent hours today faffing around with not even one set completed properly - given the glue situation I won't be confortable to sell it so it will be a pressie. I've not even bothered to try to work on the second set.

And to think I kept away from the PC so I could get my head down and do loads of work today

Time for a cuppa and a couple of buttered crumpets - need to get my bloodsugar up methinks
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Oh no - what a day. I raise my cup of char to you in your time of frustration - may it all work well tomorrow.

Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

I feel for you Kym. I've just spent two hours untangling the mess created by dropping a drawer full of silver wire of different gauges.

There are definitely days when it just 'works' and others where it's better to just give in and do some paperwork

Hope things improve!

Just think though, tomorrow is another day!

Lorraine

oh Kym i am with you all the way i have had a really bad crimping day every one i have done has had to be redone and i dont want to be doing it anyway, i want to be making tree beads lol xx

Well you win some - you lose some! I'm having a lot of success today!! I have finally perfected soldering 0.3mm fine silver bezel strip using Argentium solder! I've avoided soldering like the plague for the last 15 years since I was so lousy at it but this has been a breeze!! I don't know if it is because you can see everything better when it isn't all turning black under the flame - anyway - I'm a happy bunny!!

I'm pleased that at least someone is having some success today - well done with the soldering Barbara, there will be no stopping you now

I had a bit of a mental block about soldering until I discovered solder paste a couple of years ago, and the success with the paste gave me the confidence to go back and use solder strip again so I now mix n match between the two....just as well really, as my syringes have still not materialised today - I was convinced I'd lay my hands on them once I no longer needed them.

I am feeling a little better after my tea break - I'm back to do a restringing job now

Kym

www.kymbigwood.com

Default Me too

Oh Kym, I do feel for you, as I'm having a similar day. I've spent all day trying to make a necklace and pair of earrings and have re-done the earrings three times now, as they just don't look right, or hang properly. As for the necklace, I haven't even started that yet

I've already had a bacon buttie a couple of hours ago and now some tea and chocolate and things feel slightly better now.

Look forward to a good day tomorrow for both of us

xx
    Jules

I'm sorry to hear a couple of you are also have carp days, must be something in the air. I'll raise my cuppa to a better day tomorrow
    Kym

www.kymbigwood.com

Sorry it's been a bummer, Kym.
    I almost daren't say it but I've actually had an OK day! I did chop a bit of thumb off though - just surface skin, not important bits.