Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Do you remember......

when I was a kid we never had opposable thumbs
    I bet hitch-hiking was tricky then

d'u need opposable thumbs 2 hitchhike then?
    don't u just stick yr thumb out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    The girls still do this!!
    I just saved my skirts from when I was 11 and wore them when I was 15.

Most of this stuff is going over my head though
    not round here they dont anymore all the schools have there own skirts with a logo on just under the waist band and it must me on show at all time lolx

I wore a mini skirt but in the 80's although my friends called it a belt!

Have been trying to catch up with this thread all day but still havent

I should never have gotten rid of my tank tops.
    They'd be back in now, even as a crop top.

Took me years to get hubby to stop wearing his tank top! I wish I'd kept my platform boots though. I saved up for ages for them and bought them in Ravel. Oh the excitement!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Took me years to get hubby to stop wearing his tank top! I wish I'd kept my platform boots though. I saved up for ages for them and bought them in Ravel. Oh the excitement!
    Oh god, I had those platform boots too! OMG what is it with men and their tank tops I used to listen to Radio Caroline at school and have a tape recording of Kenny Everetts last show. My first salary was £19 a week as a typist in a solicitors with the steepest staircase I'd ever seen and when it rained, it used to run down the walls. Then technology came and they had a photocopier! I used to go to Petticoat Lane and Leadenhall Street Market in my lunchhour - bliss - all those hunky men to look at .....
    Jules

I never saw any hunky men in Petticoat Lane...

I worked (for what seemed like a very loooong week as a temp) in..... a typing pool!

It was in Luton Town Hall and our room was beneath the clock, which struck the bloody quarters. We weren't allowed to speak directly the The Managers but had to go through the supervisor.

Long, long, long week for somebody who was an incorrigible flirt...
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Oh yes, my OH and I made one of those pictures with silver thread. Years after we sent it to the charity shop I went to someone's house and there it was on their wall!
    Ha ha ha!!

My mum made one which was a sailing ship in gold thread on a black bakground (it WAS amazing, and I probably would think so now, but don't know where it went). My MIL has an abstract design on the wall in her lounge still - pink sparkly thread on a white background She slots some of her nicest christmas cards into it...

My wall was adorned with the Osmonds, particularly Donny, I had a pair of hotpants but didn't feel good in them so ditched them. When I was a kid I used to watch the woodentops, bill and ben, ( my brother used to call me 'weed' in front of his mates), Dr Who was brill even then but I didn't like the cyber men they made me hide behind my cushion. How well I remember the iced up windows in winter, when I was at secondry school, I persuaded my mum to buy me some platform boots.......I looked so stupid trying to walk on them in the snow.lol.ahhhhhh the memories.

My first wage was about £2.50 for a saturday job in my local supermarket packing bags, I was only 15 and had to get a work permit from my school.

Thanks for bringing back lots of forgotten memories folks keep them coming
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT