Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does this look any good?

Thanks for posting this Mila, I was just looking into one of these, and trying to find a good priced one too! Think I will go and have a look at the kiddies one too.

Just a quick question about steel shot, where's best to get it from?? I have seen that you can buy online but figured the p&p would be quite high, or can you get it over the counter somewhere?? Is there anything else I would need to purchase with a tumbler?

Thanks again xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Thanks for posting this Mila, I was just looking into one of these, and trying to find a good priced one too! Think I will go and have a look at the kiddies one too.

Just a quick question about steel shot, where's best to get it from?? I have seen that you can buy online but figured the p&p would be quite high, or can you get it over the counter somewhere?? Is there anything else I would need to purchase with a tumbler?

Thanks again xxx
    Hi - I bought some stainless steel shot from cherryheaven (over the phone) after some recommendations on here! Their website is shocking, as discussed on other threads, but if you find the product on there and then phone up they are very helpful. There prices include postage too.

I bought half a kilo for £15.50, but was suprised when it arrived without any pins in it - just planet type shapes and balls. I'm new to tumbling so not sure if this is right. maybe someone else can advise?

However,as with all my purchases I looked around before buying it to get the best price so here's the results of my research for mixed shot:

for half a kilo, cherryheaven.co.uk at £15.50 is the cheapest.
    650g from UKGE s £26.33 plus postage.
    full kilo which is the size most people buy: artclay.co.uk is £29.95 incl postage. (Interestingly they are in the same office as cherry heaven, although have a different customer service rep.
    Manchester minerals is another alternative for a kilo, but is more expensive at £28.92 plus postage (didn't write the postage down, but it must have been more since I didn't buy it!)

I'm only planning to tumble in a plastic tub inside my tumble dryer (as found on a random blog! - since I can't stretch to an official tumbler at the moment) Will let you know how it goes in case you're interested.

HTH someone.

Em.

I bought my shot from Cookson during the freepost offer
    simplepimple
    J x

Em the pins are good for getting into all the tiny crevices. You can buy them separately but that rather defeats the object of all your shopping around Somebody may well have a link for the best place to get it.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    simplepimple
    J x
    Aaaah good thinking

£18.25 per kilo

Thanks for that Em, very useful and helpful Definitely let me know how you get on with the tumble dryer xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    simplepimple
    J x
    Thanks for that Jayne!! Am now going to add that to my shopping cart/wish list, ready for the next freepost offer he he!!! ALthough I still can't bring myself to look at the total cost .... xx

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Thanks for that Jayne!! Am now going to add that to my shopping cart/wish list, ready for the next freepost offer he he!!! ALthough I still can't bring myself to look at the total cost .... xx
    Oh it's scary - is there a way you can get rid of everything and start again? I get lost sometimes and can't find the stuff I've put in there that I can afford amongst all the things I've put in there wishing I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Mila Jewellery View Post
    Oh it's scary - is there a way you can get rid of everything and start again? I get lost sometimes and can't find the stuff I've put in there that I can afford amongst all the things I've put in there wishing I could!
    Not sure tbh, I think there was a thread on here somewhere about wishlists etc being away from the shopping cart, although I may have dreamt that The rate I am going though I might need to take out a 2nd mortgage xx