Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd jewellery event + feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Tight mare! LOL
    I don't think that's tight at all. I personally never spend more than about £20 on anyone other than hubby.

People are starting to buy prezzies now, i sold a few pieces at the weekend at a local show that were for prezzies (yay!) Though they were quite cheap items too.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Tight mare! LOL
    I'm glad i am not related to her ha ha !!! Your stuff is gorgeous Carol !!!! Some people think that they have to pass comments though and those are the ones that you just smile at

Default clip-ons ...

Quote Originally Posted by kymbi View Post
    Great news about your success Jules - good luck for the next show x

I regularly get asked about clip-on earrings, but not enough to warrant making separate pairs. I have a small stock of nice SP clips and show a small note with the earrings to say that most of them can be transferred onto clips if requested. 2 people asked me yesterday about clip-ons, but they were looking for button styles rather than drops. Someone also asked me about drop earrings with a stud fitting and caught me out as I didn't have any studs with me.

At my stall I normally have a small stash of findings such as leverback earwires, studs, clip-ons, headpins, splitrings, crimps, clasps and extenders - covers most eventualities for making small adjustments on the hoof.

Aw thanks for your tips and compliments guys, really useful stuff.

Kimbi, I haven't got any clip-ons, so will order some as that's the second time someone has mentioned them at an event. I like your idea of putting a sign by the earrings, saying they can be converted if required You mentioned using plated, do you offer sterling clips too then??

I took most of my earring and extender bits too (along with most of my tools). Next time I think its a case of less is more. I really don't need to take ALL my tools !

It was definitely worth arriving earlier this time. I had time to see stallholders and they came and viewed my stuff & bought before the punters came in, so that was worth it. I also had a steady stream of customers coming for their jewellery during the day and I think that gives a positive impression for any new customers looking at my stand.
    Jules

Glad it went well, Jules. There'll be no stopping you now.

I made some clip earrings for myself a few months ago. They hurt to buggery! That's what finally convinced me to be pierced.

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Kimbi, I haven't got any clip-ons, so will order some as that's the second time someone has mentioned them at an event. I like your idea of putting a sign by the earrings, saying they can be converted if required You mentioned using plated, do you offer sterling clips too then??
    I don't offer sterling clips as routine Jules as they are expensive, but if asked I will get hold of sterling screw-ons which are a bit more comfortable, but they are £££ compared to making sterling earwires. I've recently bought some nice SP clip-ons that look like pierced earwires from feebay and will PM you with the link if I can find it - they were more expensive that the usual SP fare but look and feel much nicer. I used them for some bridesmaids recently and had some good feedback.

Your day sounds really positive and it always helps to have a steady stream of people, even if they are only browsing, to encourage others to look and to pass the time
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    Glad it went well, Jules. There'll be no stopping you now.

I made some clip earrings for myself a few months ago. They hurt to buggery! That's what finally convinced me to be pierced.
    Oh that's funny, 'cos I started out with having my ears pierced (age 19 in Selfridges) and they went really bad and I ended using clip-ons for years. Then a friend at work suggested I had mine re-pierced and they've been fine ever since.

Clip-ons can be really painful, unless they have some thick pads at the back, but those screw-ons sound like a good idea. Yes a link would be lovely Kymbi please

xx
    Jules