Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Ring - In progress

One of my favourite flickr places too

Now I want to make a container ring.....

(note to self. Stop flitting from one thing to another.....)

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    One of my favourite flickr places too

Now I want to make a container ring.....

(note to self. Stop flitting from one thing to another.....)

Guess what, George...
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Oh. My. Word. They are just stupendous
    they certainly are!
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Default Update

A couple more hours work done on the chaos ring. The top fits very snugly into the compartment. The chaos star spins freely around the shaft.

I'm really enjoying seeing this progressing - thank you for sharing the latest stage! Nice work on getting the 'lid' done

My tutor at college always taught us to heat the whole piece. When I started soldering stuff at home I kinda thought......wtf! She's not here, I'll do what I like......
    I learnt that this resulted in some blackened, unsoldered joints and some messy barely soldered joints......gone back to heating the whole piece.
    J x
    (3 glasses wine + 2 of brandy + 0 typos)

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Hi
    Can you confirm following my tip that you used pins to hold the work insitu(which you did so successfully) that you used one grade of solder and went for the whole hit?
    I can confirm that I used pins to hold the piece in place on the soldering block and that I soldered all of the 8 settings in one go with hard solder. I was careful to heat the whole piece evenly and all the solder flashed at the same time. I will add though that one of the settings moved away from the ring and I had to do it separately at the end, which was worrying, but it turned out good in the end.

What I like about this forum is that advice can be offered, but doesn't have to be taken.

What I don't like about this forum is unhelpful, negative attitudes, with people having a crack at each other. There are enough problems in this world, without people wanting to create more here.

We do enjoy some healthy debates, but we don't all have to agree with each other.

We have a friendly, helpful forum, where newbies & professionals can learn and share lots of useful information and we can all help each other. Politely.

Lets keep it that way!
    Jules

The auction thing was a question and the wine thing a joke. Somehow I seem to remember a lot more risque posts on this site which have been ignored.
    Minnie, I just wanted to say something about this bit - thing is, you're relatively new here and I at least don't feel that I know you very well. The jokes you've seen are probably between people who've been chatting for a while, so they know how the other will take it. Also, I seem to recall that you don't like using smileys? That's absolutely fine, but in a case like this it removes another way to suggest tone. Your posts tend to read very flat to me, so it's very hard to tell if you're joking.

(TBF, I don't think the wine line would have read well even with a smiley, but y'know!)

Ebay... eh. I'd never think that Jason would sell there, but I also didn't see it as an insult, because some people *do* sell quality items there at decent prices - provided you get the word out to your target market, I don't see it as making much difference

ETA: Sorry Filament! I posted just before yours.
    Last edited by Kalorlo; 27-11-2009 at 08:52 AM.

It would seem everyone was a little tired and upset last night when I was tucked up in bed. It all kicked off. And here was me thinking everyone on here was nice and polite. Fighting on my post? Make your own post if you all want to argue, don't hijack mine. I thought when I logged in this morning that I had 3 pages of feedback for my piece. Oh well.

Then again, The piece is a CHAOS RING. It has created CHAOS here. It would seem you're all under the spell
    Last edited by Filament; 27-11-2009 at 08:54 AM.