Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apart from jewellery.....

Yes she is!!!

I also do stained glass, and have done handmade wedding staionery in the past. We also have an old 1979 Type 2 Bay window VW camper van that we are restoring (but garages are doing the hard work like the mechanical stuff and paint job, but we will tackle the inside).

I also like photography - mainly landscape - and have won a couple of competitions, but I only have a point and shoot camera, not a DSLR.

Hmmm

My passion was until recently pyschology - I was massively interested in human and animal behaviour but it can start to mess with your mind - they say most psychologists are a bit strange and I can see why!!!

Anyway I have recently binned my books and wanted to do something more 'hands on creative' hence the jewellery making. I have a huge list of things I want to learn - photography, the saxophone and writing being some of them - so I guess I have a hobby of learning new things!!! Oh and admiring art in most forms, and shiney stuff, and pens and books and diaries too

Oh and I'm a bit addicted to running and chocolate too

No wonder I never have any time ....
    Michelle x

I play computer games and do art - painting and drawing in digital and natural media. The art's taken a bit of a backseat to the jewellery, though, as that's now taking up all of my spare time!

Do some stained glass, just (well before the hip op) been on a glass fusing course, so I'm going to try that. We also collect 1920's plastic (called Bandalasta) and run a website devoted to the stuff!
    Lorraine

I used to draw and paint a lot but I do more 3D stuff now. I make celebration cakes and do sugar flowers. Occasionally do theatrical type costumes if asked..(I don't volunteer any more!) as I love playing with fabric. I used to love sculpting in clay - particularly the human form - but I don't have access to a kiln anymore! The last couple of weeks I've been doing Christmas themed 3D workshops with a group from MENCAP...very challenging but great fun! ...have a look at my blog to see what we have been making! "Away With the Faries" and "A Flash of Inspiration". Then of course ...there is the jewellery.....

Is that 3D art Barbara?
    Michelle x

No - not really, although I do ladle on the oils a bit thick sometimes!! No - pretty traditional oils and watercolours.

Ah that's something I always admire but would never be able to do unfortunately!
    Michelle x

I'm a builder by profession so I do all my own diy (just in case Geti drifts into this thread, no I don't have a bum cleavage), I have to garden coz I've got a big one that demands attention. In the past I've done lots of sewing and crafts of all kinds so the progression into jewellery was a fairly natural one.

My passion is for the mountains so I either ski or walk in them. I've gone back to walking after years of adopting whatever the incumbant gentleman friend's hobby was, including sailing, motorbikes and choral singing, (listening to not doing)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now any applicant for gentleman friend has to fit in with what I want to do, most importantly though they have to admire my jewellery. Yep, grumpy (old) woman.

I probably can't afford to ski anymore as I'm an addict with my dealer, Cooksons, keeping me dependant.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

lol Yes I often feel that I only make jewellery to fund my habit too!