Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Work in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    there have been a couple of times over the last few days where I've thought I'm an idiot for thinking I can make a living out of this even though I love doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    Actually the more I look at the pictures the more I realise that both designs are hideous.

Time to put the tools away and go back to the real world I think
    Okay,
    Everyone has offered amazing advice - there's really nothing I could add to that.
    Just please don't beat yourself up over this. You've made some amazing jewellery and it's obvious that you have a really precious talent. You've been able to look at the piece objectively and see that it's not quite right - if you weren't so talented and didn't possess such a discerning eye you wouldn't have noticed! Some pieces are harder to get right than others, maybe this just needs a bit more time but don't call them hideous because they're really not and don't say you're going to give up because that's just silly talk
    J x

It's definitely lack of confidence and late night heebee geebies so don't beat yourself up. Those roses are divine!

I'm guessing this is a necklace on beading wire.....or is it wire?
    I do like the shape of the loop covered in coils, so I'd keep that shape but cover it with a continuous but lighter coil. Then I'd put the focal at the top and above it, where the design splits in two I'd have a little space then a rose on either side. I'd have a third rose hanging from a ring where the focal is now. Gosh, it's difficult trying to explain without pics.

Don't give up, Annie! The roses are gorgeous, but to me they don't really go with the coils, which are rather big and heavy and industrial-looking, rather than organic. If you wanted to use coils, maybe smaller, thinner ones that were bent slightly into curved tubes would work? Currently, where two coils meet you get a sharp angle.

Aww thanks guys, you really are a wonderful bunch, you've cheered me up no end.

I think a lot of it is down to frustration at the moment, not just with my jewellery but with a lot of things. It's getting close to one of those 'things can't go on as they are' times where you know you need to make some difficult decisions, trouble is I can't see the woods for the trees right now.

I'm going to treat myself to an hour or so of looking at other peoples work for a bit of inspiration and relaxation. I'm also going to put that project away until the weekend and do something else ... mmmm I wonder if you can fire copper wire with copper clay?

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Well, LOL I was going to comment but it has all been said...I particularly agree with odds not evens, and the turquoise plain beads being too bright for the rest (and changes of size). But it isn't a disaster by any means, hang o n in there

Everyone has made really sensible points, I personally think that those roses are so beautiful that I would be inclined to add very little and let the skill that you have shown in making them shine through .xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Quinn View Post
    Everyone has made really sensible points, I personally think that those roses are so beautiful that I would be inclined to add very little and let the skill that you have shown in making them shine through .xx
    A very good point from Lisa - I sometimes over complicate things when actually simple is best.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/