Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revamped but have I got it right ?

Job well done Carl, complete transformation. I was a little concerned about having a second look tonight as my migraine has only just subsided, but I needn't have worried!

And I was going to point out that the layout was a bit erratic as well but you thwarted me on that score also by tidying it up, well done, you can sleep tonight.

Wow Carl that looks really good. I saw the other site quickly last night and I did think there were too many colours going on! This, however looks amazing and I love all the photos, you have some lovely jewellery - you've got to show it off!
    Last edited by Mila Jewellery; 19-11-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: The wine fingers were typing

Didn't see your first redo but like the second redo

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    Black text on a white background is the best combination for readability ...
    Black on white is not great for dyslexics though...the contrast is too sharp and the letters can move about apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
    I like the over all feel, pic wise would be great to see some of your commission work (and some sketches- scan them in while waiting for that camera). Pic of studio (and you or students at work!), pics of what some of your students have made/ your sample pieces would be great too! just some ideas for when you get that camera. I get the feel from the site more about the courses than commissions...is that your intention??
    good luck, great work
    Em
    Emma , it wasn't when I went on this full time pilgramage but in 6 months it's taken over and to be honest I am absolutely loving it, I'm now teaching at least 3 days out of every week and have an open studio and social gathering of jewellers, silversmiths and lampworkers every two weeks.

When I'm not teaching I'm organising supplies and trying to create a new range. Then I'm averaging 2 to 3 commissions a week some only small but never the less its all work to pay the bills.

Got to say a big thank you to all you lovelly members for helping me with my site. I'm now pretty pleased with the overall look. A gallery will come but I'm trying to find a friendly photographer who can do it for me as I've got enough to do without trying to get my teeth into photography aswell.

Thanks once again.

Hi Carl, much much better, I like very much and quite classy too..........who's a clever old stick
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT

Just come in on this, but I did see the old one (black!) and hated it.

This is now brilliant! My only comment is not liking to have to scroll down the long first page like Linda says. But that is my bugbear and it is not a huge one!

Default Webbery

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Martin View Post
    Got to say a big thank you to all you lovelly members for helping me with my site. I'm now pretty pleased with the overall look. A gallery will come but I'm trying to find a friendly photographer who can do it for me as I've got enough to do without trying to get my teeth into photography aswell.

Thanks once again.
    Sad git stuff this:

I like the revamped site, but the typos remain- it can make a good site look very sloppy

You might like to look at a few Bookmarks on pages - i.e. Click here to get back to the top of the page/ as some of the pages scroll down a long way

You could also have a go at attaching documents - e.g a pdf copy of your course calendar

If you have photos it is nice to have "mouseover" comments to describe each one

For your contact us page you can easily get the code to embed a map refence from Multimap / Google maps
    You can also get the code to embed the Paypal functionality quite easily.

If you have such a personable approach - why not include a mugshot - or a shot of you in a class or at the bench ?

Lastly , if you want to look up on Wikepedia on how to do it, a Favicon is a nice finishing touch to any website.
    Neil

I've come to this thread very late and i had trouble working out what site you were talking about because the descriptions didn't match the site in your signature! lol!

I didn't see the old versions, but it seems to be looking good now

Final edit tonight. Hopefully all the typo's are now rectified. Text has been reduced, pages reduced. Pictures of workshop , students working and past and present work will be added over the next few days.