I reluctantly went to class tonight, really have no enthusiasm for it, and took my recent work with me as the tutor had said to me that she would like to see what i had been up to at home.

so i took in the swirly stuff and chainmaille bracelet etc etc you know all the stuff i have been doing including the bracelet that i hope to photograph for you to see tomorrow, and she was examining it all and then started to ask me how i had done certain bits and about the maille etc. And i was thinking , hang on theres nothing particularly technically difficult here and yet you are asking me how i did it?

She then called everyone over to look and proceeded to tell them how it was done!!!!!! And then offered to show people with copper wire.

Then i said to her that i wanted to start on the serpent pendent that i had designed some time ago. When we had looked at the design and i told her that i wanted it domed and twisted she suggested some big D wire, and showed me some so that we could decide on the size and said that i could then make a domed head from sheet on a doming block. So i dutifully bought the wire and even a doming block and punches.

When she asked what i was going to work on tonight now that the stones were set in my bracelet, i reminded her of the pendant and she said oo yes i remember, i got the wire out tonight and asked her about texturing it she said "ooo are you sure you want to do it with D wire cos thats going to be very hard to twist, and i wouldnt make a domed head i would make a ball" i just stood there with my mouth open. I had got what she had said to get and now she says its not the best thing! I wanted to smack her.

I do often wonder how many unscrupulous tutors secretly use their students designs as there own? Not saying that mine would, i realy dont know, but i guess i was just floored that as a college tutor she didnt appear to have a wider knowledge base.

I may be doing her a complete injustice and apologise to her in her absence if i am but it certainly did nothing for my confidence in her, and almost defintely made me decide that i will not be reneweing my termly fees.

winge over :P