Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First coil necklace - opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Now, here's a coincidence - I did my first jewellery making course with Linda Jones! (She is very lovely )
    I think that the necklace as is looks a bit unbalanced. It could be that the bugles are too long, or that the ribbon that it's hanging on isn't long enough. Statement necklaces are huge this season so I think it's worth twiddling with to get right - I would try hanging it longer so that it sits somewhere between mid-cleavage & mid-torso and see how it looks on
    J x
    Hi Jane,
    How amazing that you did your first course with Linda Jones, was that in your neck of the woods, or elsewhere?

Yes, I agree with your comment about it being a bit unlanaced. Its actually much longer than it looks in the pic, at 31 inches long! I just placed it on a neck to photograph it. It has quite a loose feeling to it, so that when its on, the bugles and other beads do move very slightly, rather than being stiff. I made it in plated, as I wanted to see how it would feel, but the ones to sell will be in sterling.

This is the photo of a flower that inspired me to make it in that shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1321.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	661

A bit more work needed on this one

xx
    Jules

Quite like the long bugles makes it look like a firework,
    hmmm the "Sputnick" range perhaps
    Nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    How amazing that you did your first course with Linda Jones, was that in your neck of the woods, or elsewhere?
    It was about 10 years ago in Sevenoaks. My youngest had just started pre-school and in a desperate bid for freedom I stuck a pin in the adult ed prospectus and found myself on Linda's course! I'm really glad that I did her course before doing silversmithing classes as there are so many little hints & tips that I learnt from her and best of all she is infectiously enthusiastic!!
    Its actually much longer than it looks in the pic, at 31 inches long! I just placed it on a neck to photograph it.
    Can we see a photo of it on you? (don't go to any trouble.....just nip down to the local photographer.....)

How lovely! So creative

J x

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    It was about 10 years ago in Sevenoaks. My youngest had just started pre-school and in a desperate bid for freedom I stuck a pin in the adult ed prospectus and found myself on Linda's course! I'm really glad that I did her course before doing silversmithing classes as there are so many little hints & tips that I learnt from her and best of all she is infectiously enthusiastic!!

Can we see a photo of it on you? (don't go to any trouble.....just nip down to the local photographer.....)

How lovely! So creative

J x

Ah, the times I have thought of making a bid for freedom and signing up on a weekly course! That would be bliss! I'd love to escape for days - weeks even! Its a gorgeous flower isn't it! Ahh, I don't do piccies of myself on the internet, 'cos I hate having my pic taken Nice try tho

xx
    Jules

Thumbs up

love the colours and the look of the beaded part - agree with the reply that you could try it on a longer ribbon/strand or maybe even try it shorter?

The design is a good one - have a go with shorter bugles too.

XX Gerry