Thread: The Camera has arrived but..........

Question The Camera has arrived but..........

Well its here and i got it out and had a little read and play and cant get up close. I am terrified of telling Pete lol.
    It has a macro setting on the dial but it doesnt have a specific macro lens, but that would cost as much as the camera did! so there has to be a way round it. I am guessing i have to twiddle with all the settings but i am completely camera illiterate, so in laymans terms setting recommendations would be very gratefully received please. and i mean REAL laymans cos i am really thick at understanding stuff at first. I am much better at it when i am shown face to face.

Its a Sony DSLR-A200K if that helps. Has two lenses with it the DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 and another which is longer and i guess for long distance photos.

Somebody help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Oh Su. What a bummer. I'm not going to be much help though. I used to have a macro lens for my old camera - really great stuff. Could you try and get one on ebay second hand without telling the OH? I suspect if it is an SLR that you will need a separate lens. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Perhaps someone else will know better than me about your settings.
    Linda

Is the end of the lens threaded?? I have a macro set which are just like filters which screw onto the end of the lens and allow you to get closer photos. Think they basically work like a magnifying lens. I have only ever used them on a 35mm camera not a digital.

Digital camera, camera, digital dv camcorder and accessories - Jessops

This is what I'm talking about. Not too expensive and make a huge difference!

Hope you get some good photos.

Jane x

I think I have the same camera Su. I can get close ups quite well. If you're near the chatroom pop in and I'll see if I can help!
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    I think I have the same camera Su. I can get close ups quite well. If you're near the chatroom pop in and I'll see if I can help!
    woot ty annie, i am sorta working atm (at the garage) lunch break has just finished but i should be home from about 4.15 to 6.30 before college if thats any use?

Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Is the end of the lens threaded?? I have a macro set which are just like filters which screw onto the end of the lens and allow you to get closer photos. Think they basically work like a magnifying lens. I have only ever used them on a 35mm camera not a digital.

Digital camera, camera, digital dv camcorder and accessories - Jessops

This is what I'm talking about. Not too expensive and make a huge difference!

Hope you get some good photos.

Jane x
    mines got like pins rather than a screw thread sorry but thank you for trying
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

I think Jane means the other end of your lens, Su'...not the bit that mounts it to the body but the bit that faces the outside world! I don't know much about cameras but my OH used to play with his really ancient one quite a lot before everything went digital - and he had filters that screwed into the front of the lens. I know this is ebay America but I don't know if this might be of use.....UV/PL/FD/Macro Filter Sony Alpha A350 A300 A200 18-70mm - eBay (item 130274207368 end time Dec-01-09 15:35:09 PST) I'm not sure if it is your camera....anyway - have a look and you might get the idea!!

Oh that's good info Barbara. And I love the way they have explained it in laymans terms. Can you tell I am part of the plain english brigade?
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    I think Jane means the other end of your lens, Su'...not the bit that mounts it to the body but the bit that faces the outside world! I don't know much about cameras but my OH used to play with his really ancient one quite a lot before everything went digital - and he had filters that screwed into the front of the lens. I know this is ebay America but I don't know if this might be of use.....UV/PL/FD/Macro Filter Sony Alpha A350 A300 A200 18-70mm - eBay (item 130274207368 end time Dec-01-09 15:35:09 PST) I'm not sure if it is your camera....anyway - have a look and you might get the idea!!
    Lol i am so thick sometime B lol thank you for pointing me in the right direction lol - ever get the idea that my brain is overloaded atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindyloo View Post
    Oh that's good info Barbara. And I love the way they have explained it in laymans terms. Can you tell I am part of the plain english brigade?
    I'm with you girl technical talk just goes straight over my head and i just adopt that blank expression!
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Hi Su I'll be on chat in about 5 mins if you still need help
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!