Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disaster! What am I doing wrong

Ah, what a pain for you Jules!
    I think George is right - it's best to be upfront and even better if you have a replacement to offer her as well.
    Don't know if this is of any use:

SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL BRIOLETTE 6010 11x5.5mm 2pcs PERIDOT on eBay (end time 23-Nov-09 08:15:00 GMT)

J x

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Ah, what a pain for you Jules!
    I think George is right - it's best to be upfront and even better if you have a replacement to offer her as well.
    Don't know if this is of any use:

SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL BRIOLETTE 6010 11x5.5mm 2pcs PERIDOT on eBay (end time 23-Nov-09 08:15:00 GMT)

J x
    I've just looked at the earring again and OMG it wasn't peridot I needed, it was Citrine! Thanks for looking guys.

I think its time for a glass of wine!

xx
    Jules

Yep it's just the way of it - sometimes these things happen....
    The rest look lovely though
    Nicx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    Yep it's just the way of it - sometimes these things happen....
    ...and I've just done it with some smoky quartz briolettes! The hole was drilled too close to the point at the top. The worse stones I've ever wrapped were briolettes of fire opal - really brittle, really fragile, really, really broken
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Jules - you're not doing anything wrong. Some beads just break I've had the same thing happen to me, and I have to confess that one one occasion I did just as Jason suggests. Set your wire in place, glue (this is one of the rare times when superglue works just fine), include the broken off piece if it's intact, and hide it all with the wrap once it's set.

Looking at the picture, I'd say they were only glass to start with, so your option is to be completely up front with the customer and explain that one broke. I'm sure she'll understand.

Well guys, I glued my piece of wire in place last night and set the bead on a bit of blu-tac and it worked! Thanks to all for your encouragement and words of wisdom.

I feel such an idiot today, though, because I used a piece of old wire that had been hanging around in my drawer and in the daylight today, have realised its the wrong sodding colour Its copper. I'll redo the other one to match and ask if she is allergic to copper, but will offer her another pair in Topaz in case her original pair breaks again. Its very useful to know how to repair things, rather than just chucking things away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1581.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	640

So guys, learn from my mistake and don't keep your 'old' wire banging about in a drawer and also make sure you do repairs in daylight

Silly bugger!

x
    Jules

I'm glad you managed to rescue the situation Jules
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

it looks good as new Jules, you wouldn't know the difference, but like you I think I would tell her and give her the others as a peace offering
    Iv'e had the same sort of feeling, but it was with a worktop my OH and I were fitting for a customer, just as we were putting it in place, a bit pinged off I can tell you the air was blue, but like you we managed to solve the situation
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT

Question Is there a way of unglueing GS Hypo glue

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Well guys, I glued my piece of wire in place last night and set the bead on a bit of blu-tac and it worked!

I feel such an idiot today, though, because I used a piece of old wire that had been hanging around in my drawer and in the daylight today, have realised its the wrong sodding colour Its copper.

x
    An update here guys, I took the earrings to the customer who said she was happy with them as they are. Well, I certainly wasn't. I only took them to show her what I'd done, along with another pair to say I was sorry about breaking one earing and to suggest I make the other one into a pendant. She is happy as they are, but I don't want to let this go.

What I'd like to know, if possible, is this. Is there a way I can unglue the glue and start again with the proper GP wire???

??
    Jules

What type of Glue did you use you might be able to put it in hot water and see if that works or nail polish remover x

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    What type of Glue did you use you might be able to put it in hot water and see if that works or nail polish remover x
    I used GS Hypo Cement - do you think I could try the hot water or nail polish remover treatment with that then?
    Jules