Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
I have just been making a list from this thread in my trusty note book, and actually if people were willing to do reviews, not on all the books they own, but perhaps on their favourite one it would be really usely for those of us who, like me, dont as yet have a clue on whats good and whats not.

So i would be REALLY grateful to anyone who contributed to something like that. I have already taken in all the comments so far and have a wish list of 7 books so far
I recently bought Creative Stonesetting by John Cogswell - looks like a fab book. I have studied only the Bezel settings chapter so far but it is clearly written, seems to cover every possible variation and also talks a lot about trouble shooting and dealing with mistakes. Also his choices for his way of doing things seem to be well explained and justified, which I like, because, the 'we do it this way and that's that' attitde drives me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moss View Post
Best technical reference book we have on the shelf here at YSOJ is Oppi Untracht's Jewellery Concepts and Techniques - but it's not a bedtime read and not one to be read from cover to cover. More of a dip in when you need to know something.
I recently bought this one too, looks brilliant although not done much more than flick through it as of yet. It's more exoensive but you get A LOT of book for your money!