Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch II!

Default Ouch II!

Must be something in the air........
    Sitting here making a chain tonight and I had to get up for something so I draped the chain over my work lamp. Work lamp goes out. 'Funny' I think. Fiddle with switch. Nothing. Hit lamp. Still nothing. Take chain off lamp - bingo - light comes back on. Chain on - light off - chain off - light on - it's a fun game for a minute or so until I make the mistake of touching the section of chain that was (in retrospect) conducting the electricity. Got a nasty burn on my thumb in the shape of the chain.......
    Won't be doing that one again!
    J x

my lights are going on and off tonight without the help of a silver chain, wind i think! hope its not to sore Jayne you need some aloe vera gel fab stuff takes the pain away asap xx

Oh Jayne, there there
    Lavendar oil is also great for burns

That's taking branding to a whole new level

Hope it heals soon!

Default Ha ha ha

I did similar....i dont know if you have a pendant motor, but they are operated by a foot switch. Mine is a seco, nearly 20 years old. It has a metal foot switch, no micro chips here, with a big copper slider inside, that varies the speed, by how much you press. Now, the foot switch plugs into the mains, the motor, plugs into the foot switch.
    I serviced it, oiled the barings etc...so obviously unplugged the motor form the foot switch. However, i did not unplug the foot switch.
    The switch had been a bit un responsive, so i turned my attentions to that, dis assembling it, as I was on a roll....to get at the big fat copper conducter inside. I brushed it over ok, with a nylon brush, with plasic handle.....then, a greasey spot? on the copper slider?...so...(and get this)...LICKED FINGER and procceded to rub live copper plate. Bzzzzzzzzzzz! I literaly couldnt let go, and it felt like my arm was shrinking. The full 240 volts, until the fuse in the plug blew...i think...
    I am one of those people, who, according to a physics teacher at school, can (and take this in context) 'withstand' elecrical shocks better than others. Though this is relative of course!
    I think, i managed to throw the footpedal down, but the fuse blew anyway, so its hard to tell, but i did have to physically lob it, as it was as if glued to my hands, and i guess i was being 'properly' electrocued (rather than a flash, where your hand jumps away) for about 20 to 30 seconds.
    Needed a cup of tea after, but apart from that, i was fine, but then, i have spikey hair anyway.

Jayne - Ow!
    Did you say any bad words though?

aww my poor sis!!!!

Ben you are such a nutter
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Have you tried wrapping a Kandoo around it ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Quinn View Post
    Have you tried wrapping a Kandoo around it ??
    ya daft bat lol

Quote Originally Posted by ben b View Post
    I did similar....i dont know if you have a pendant motor, but they are operated by a foot switch. Mine is a seco, nearly 20 years old. It has a metal foot switch, no micro chips here, with a big copper slider inside, that varies the speed, by how much you press. Now, the foot switch plugs into the mains, the motor, plugs into the foot switch.
    I serviced it, oiled the barings etc...so obviously unplugged the motor form the foot switch. However, i did not unplug the foot switch.
    The switch had been a bit un responsive, so i turned my attentions to that, dis assembling it, as I was on a roll....to get at the big fat copper conducter inside. I brushed it over ok, with a nylon brush, with plasic handle.....then, a greasey spot? on the copper slider?...so...(and get this)...LICKED FINGER and procceded to rub live copper plate. Bzzzzzzzzzzz! I literaly couldnt let go, and it felt like my arm was shrinking. The full 240 volts, until the fuse in the plug blew...i think...
    I am one of those people, who, according to a physics teacher at school, can (and take this in context) 'withstand' elecrical shocks better than others. Though this is relative of course!
    I think, i managed to throw the footpedal down, but the fuse blew anyway, so its hard to tell, but i did have to physically lob it, as it was as if glued to my hands, and i guess i was being 'properly' electrocued (rather than a flash, where your hand jumps away) for about 20 to 30 seconds.
    Needed a cup of tea after, but apart from that, i was fine, but then, i have spikey hair anyway.

And I think we have a winner in the battle of the owies!

Blimey!

Did you look like this?