Thread: First Sale Stand

Default First Sale Stand

Well, I had my first stand at an event yesterday evening. It was a Pamper Evening set up by one of my friends who does nails; manicures, extensions, nail art etc (whilst also working full time in another office job). There were 18 stands altogether including beauty products, cakes, hanbags, shoes, reflexology, shiatsu massage, silk accessories and wine and nibbles, and she had, by the sound of it, advertised it well. But don't think there can have been more than about 50 people through the door . To be fair, it was raining quite heavily.

But I sold enough to cover the stand fee, petrol and bridge toll, and got people to give me their e-mail addresses for my mailing list. And some people were interested in jewellery making parties and took leaflets. So it was possibly a useful marketing event, however small.

On a more positive note, when my silver tutor rang me to ask me about a book I had shown her in order to recommend it to future students, she told me about a Christmas Fair at one of the colleges she teaches at and gave me the contact for a stand at that. She also has a stand and when I commented about both of us being there she said she was very happy about that. Now...does that mean she doesn't see me as any competition or is she just a nice person. I'm going with the second one

Quote Originally Posted by Ominicci View Post
    Well, I had my first stand at an event yesterday evening. It was a Pamper Evening set up by one of my friends who does nails; manicures, extensions, nail art etc (whilst also working full time in another office job). There were 18 stands altogether including beauty products, cakes, hanbags, shoes, reflexology, shiatsu massage, silk accessories and wine and nibbles, and she had, by the sound of it, advertised it well. But don't think there can have been more than about 50 people through the door . To be fair, it was raining quite heavily.

But I sold enough to cover the stand fee, petrol and bridge toll, and got people to give me their e-mail addresses for my mailing list. And some people were interested in jewellery making parties and took leaflets. So it was possibly a useful marketing event, however small.

On a more positive note, when my silver tutor rang me to ask me about a book I had shown her in order to recommend it to future students, she told me about a Christmas Fair at one of the colleges she teaches at and gave me the contact for a stand at that. She also has a stand and when I commented about both of us being there she said she was very happy about that. Now...does that mean she doesn't see me as any competition or is she just a nice person. I'm going with the second one
    Glad you have got your first one under your belt hun, and that you werent out of pocket at the end of it. Well done on that, fingers crossed that you get some parties out of it too.

As for your tutor, if you dont have the same style as her then she has nothing to be worried about, i doubt she could think your work inferior, so yup i agree, lets plump for the second one
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Yay for your first stand. Let this be the start of many more...and let them be more profitable! I'd say your tutor is just being nice

Duh! When people see how well she has taught you, she'll have them flocking to her courses.

Simples
    Di x

Well done, hope the next fair goes as well and you get some parties to do as well.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

I'm with Di, she wouldn't want to have someone she would be embarrassed to say she had taught.
    Jane,
    (although I quite like Sunny!)

Yeah, Nicci, your tutor will be telling everyone "I taught her all she knows, you know."

Congrats on your first event - some don't even cover their costs.

Nic sometimes just covering cost is a great thing but you are getting your stuff out there and thats the main thing for so little money its cheaper than advertising, a lot of the fairs i do this time of year is is just to show off what i can do and now people are coming back to me for presents and themselves, it takes time i am afraid

Well done Nicci. And don't forget the emails you collected are now available for free marketing. Win, win all round.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Duh! When people see how well she has taught you, she'll have them flocking to her courses.

Simples
    I'm with Di, she wouldn't want to have someone she would be embarrassed to say she had taught.
    Oh you are so lovely!!! I'm smiling now