Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrrggghhhh!! barell shot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    I think they're all on about tumbling silver in steel shot using a rock tumbler (to harden it). Could be wrong though....brain not functioning
    Thanks Gemma, that does make sense, hoping my books arrive today so I can learn a bit more xx

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Metal barrelling, using stainless steel shot, water and a polishing compound in a tumbler is an amazingly quick way to polish, deburr and slightly harden silver. It's a bit like magic!
    Thanks George, get it now this forum is such a good way of learning new techniques, have added that one to memory now for when I get to that stage! thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie75 View Post
    I do like my barrel, but I don't awlays want such a satin finish....I really love my motor polisher...(don't like getting filthy) but love the finish I can get. maybe I such try a different compound to get a shinier finish....???..xc
    What medium are you using Claire? You shouldn't be getting a satin finish with stainless steel - it acts like hundreds of little tiny hammers and should never scratch. Ceramic chips will satinise though.