Thread: A Brilliante Idea???

Default A Brilliante Idea???

Hi Cooksons bods. I've just been looking up who's going to be exhibiting at the NEC Jewellery Show and, yep, you are there!!
    I'm a bit bemused though...why are you launching Brilliante there instead of bigging up Argentium??? or has someone forgotten to change the blurb in the advert? I know Brilliante was supposed to be similar in properties to Argentium - but I though everybody hated it!! The Jewellery Show - COOKSON PRECIOUS METALS

You also seem to have removed all technical details about Brilliante from your website - although you can still get this old page on the internet....and therefore are still top of the Google list for 'Brilliante silver'

A Brilliante new idea! - Cooksongold.com

Is there something you are not telling us...or are you off to do some 'housekeeping'!!??
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 12-11-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: removed date for page

I keep seeing comments about how brilliante silver is 'horrible to work with' etc. - but can somebody please clarify what the issues are? Thanks.

If you look up my thread 'A Sorry Tale', you will see what Brilliante silver is like. That was about three years ago and as far as I know it is now discontinued. There was no problem working with it. It was said not to tarnish easily, but seemed to show fingerprints from handling, so no apparent advantage. Dennis.

I had a lot of problems with brilliante. The most annoying being that it doesn't ball up (which is a technique I seem to use a lot), and it becomes brittle when heated beyond annealing point. I also had problems with hardening it. It certainly didn't live up to expectations for me, especially compared with Argentium, which I enjoy working with. Certainly not worth the additional cost over regular sterling.