Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember Me?!?!

Default Remember Me?!?!

The last few weeks have been a nightmare! Moved in with the OH, his sister who lived there previously (she has various issues and has gone back to Florida and live with his parents) left soooo much stuff behind that we had to sort out, well, I had to sort out should I say. Zac also has soooo much stuff to sort and go through, it turns out he is a bit of a hoarder! I've learned lots about him in the past 4 weeks! We have excess furniture (that is mostly old and crap) that his mother owns but won't let us throw away, so the garage and loft are rammed!

My work room is 95% sorted though and useable, and the living room will hopefully be normal very soon. We'd planned on having 2 or 3 rooms decorated by now, but I am still only half unpacked!

Added to this, my not so new now job has been a nightmare, company hasn't goven me a contract, holiday allowance etc etc. They treat me like crap and are oblivious to what I do and what it involves and threatened me with the sack over Insant Messenger on Monday! I had got to the point where I was thinking about looking else where but that put the icing on the cake. I am determined however to make time for my jewellery and getting my business running properly, so I am currently thinking about getting a part time job as a Carer or Support Worker (I used to do this pt at Uni) to cover the bills while I work on my jewellery. Terrified of the loss in earnings though! I also hope to do freelance Web Dev work later on but couldn't entertain the idea at the moment as this job is sapping so much of my time and energy.

Onwards and upwards though, it can surely only get better
    Lucinda

What a rotten situation...just when you were all excited about the changes. I'm sure you will get the house sorted eventually - it will just take a bit more time than you had planned... It's the job situation that is the real bummer! There is nothing worse than feeling used and abused and a rotten job can really sap your energy. You have so many strings to your bow I'm sure you could move into different areas...and money..well, it's only money isn't it?? It is very surprising how little one can live off if the situation dictates! If your OH is earning at the moment it might be the right time to take a leap of faith and see how it turns out.... I wish you all the best, anyway.

Oh Lucinda, that's dreadful - on all fronts. All I can do is send you and to let you know I care.
    Di x

Oh poor you Lucy, everything always gangs up on us at once doesnt it? The good news to cling to is that you are now happily with your OH and also that your work area is almost done, so that you can relax and produce some stunning work.

Got everything crossed that it now takes off and you can stick two fingers up at that poxy bloodsucking company and tell them where to shove their holiday allowance!!

Huge hugs to you my friend
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Sounds like you've been having a horrible time
    Have to say though, can't believe how much you've achieved! You sound like the living embodiment of Superwoman!
    Hope things get better soon
    J x

Hi Lucinda,

Just last week i was thinking to myself why does all the crap happen at once but this week cant really remember what the crap was things will get better i am sure at least your workroom is up and running its a shame a rogue firework dident land in the garage, why when they are in florida do they need to keep stuff like that? although have to say i am a terrible hoarder lol. As for the job find a new one life is to short to suffer idiots like that xx

from me too Lucinda. I'm glad you're finally in though, and the rest will happen it its own way....

The work thing sounds pretty painful though. You deserve a lot better than that. Hope you can resolve it one way or another.

xx

Oh Lucinda
    From all of us
    Hope things get better for you soon
    nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Big hugs from me too its such a shame your job has not worked out how you wanted it to. I am so pleased that you are finally moved in and even though its difficult when you first move in, it won't be long before you'll all sorted out and organised.

take care
    Luv
    Jules

Thanks guys You all really know how to give someone the warm and fuzzies! I do get paranoid about the whole career thing, I got pretty much the best jobout of anyone on my degree and one of the hghest results, used to be a bit of an over acheiver but as the years have gone on I have felt like more and more of an underaceiver, the last two jobs have had me diagnosed with depression caused by stress and now this! I know they are a terribe company though and am 100% confident they are idiots who treat me like rubbish and that I need to get out of there (I don't feel that way often!). I wonder if it's me and what the hell is wrong with me sometimes, why I keep ending up in these situations. I've been told by many people I am crap at saying No though, which might explain a few things. Also I think the basic issue is I really, really want to be in charge of myself, and run my own business, so any job is going to bother me if it takes all my time up.

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    Got everything crossed that it now takes off and you can stick two fingers up at that poxy bloodsucking company and tell them where to shove their holiday allowance!!
    This is the plan Su, the second I have part time work (which I hope is before they decide to give me the boot) I will be telling them exactly what I think of them. Good thing about their shoddiness is no contract = no notice My next pay is in a couple of weeks so once I have that, then I may just tell them anyway, job or no job!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    You sound like the living embodiment of Superwoman!
    Er thanks I think you mean someone else though LOL! Thats the last think I would describe my self as!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    If your OH is earning at the moment it might be the right time to take a leap of faith and see how it turns out....
    Yes, you're right. He is earning, just got a decent rise in fact, how handy, Trouble is I don't want to put pressure on him, and I have major issues as this was one of the things my ex cited as reasons for buggering off with another woman (deep down though I know it was an excuse and he was the one who got me to give up my job in the first place! But it still gives me the fear...)
    Lucinda