Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember Me?!?!

if your boss is a man another great saying comes to mind (apologies to out male members before i say it :P)

"Womens faults are many, Men have only two.......
    Everything they say, and Everything they do!!!"

heehee
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Some of the worst managers I worked for were women. I think they felt they had to be even more aggressive and pushy in a mans world and as a result, they were absolute hell! I prefer working for men, less aggressive and much less manipulative than the women I worked with.

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    Thanks guys used to be a bit of an over acheiver but as the years have gone on I have felt like more and more of an underaceiver, the last two jobs have had me diagnosed with depression caused by stress and now this! I really, really want to be in charge of myself, and run my own business, so any job is going to bother me if it takes all my time up.

...)

Hi Lucinda

I'm new also but I wanted to send you some love - some of your troubles and worrys (above) sound similar to mine at the moment. I personally do not agree with anti depressants but have considered taking them until I change jobs which is very extreme for me!. I'm just trying to get through by taking each day at a time and distracting myself with other things such as this great forum! and learning jewellery making. I think it must be in the air at the moment - I also think that maybe I've been heading in the wrong direction careerwise and life has different plans for me, maybe this is similar for you? - frustrates and worries me though cos I hate not being in the know or feeling in control of my own life.

I hope you work through things - I'm reading a really good book at the mo which you might like, its old (eighties - early nineties) but you'd probably get it second hand on Amazon its called 'Take Control Of Your Life and See the future in your hands' by Jaqueline James' I know all of this stuff but it has helped me get things in perspective and stop trying to do everything now, maybe you might get some use out of it too.

Di your story made me smile - good on your hubbie, it sounds like your boss needed to be brought down a peg or two.

My old boss was a woman and sometimes we got a glimpse of how lovely she could be but she was a right b***h most of the time and used to really wind me up. I used to try really hard to find things I liked about her or send her kind and loving energy to stop her being so horrible, it worked occasionally but was exhausting, so I gave in in the end and eventually left. I saw her the other day and she is no different, I know life has got to her and she just projects all of her issues out onto everybody else. I feel sad for her.
    Michelle x

Likewise with the women bosses - my last one pushed me to a nervous breakdown. Strange, she fitted Jay's description to a T
    Di x

Lucinda, I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. It *will* pick up, but it's very hard to see that when you've got it all on your shoulders isn't it? And if you're dreading work it seems to take up all your home time as well. I was in a similar position recently, and my leaving the horrible job resulted in me having to come to terms with the fact that my chosen career wasn't the career I actually wanted (after many years of thinking that I did), and had to completely change direction.

But it sounds like your plans are very sound, and that you have a bright few months ahead to look forward to. For now, (cue cringey quote moment, sorry) remember that if something is worth having it doesn't usually come easy, and it sounds like you've got most of the fight behind you already.

Big hugs from me too.
    xx

Adding a hug from me too Lucinda. Working for yourself sounds like a good idea for the near future - no horrible bosses to tell you what to do.
    Linda

I'm a nice boss How's your chest by the way? Still rubbing the Vic in I hope!

so sorry you are having a crap time Lucinda, but november is a really dark month for a lot of people... Hope things improve for you soon honey, its just a darn bloody stressful life (and the recession does'nt help us)!!!I can't seem to keep anything going at the moment i have really lost my mojo !!!

Luci I will definately be over to Bath sometime soon - probably for the Christmas Market (26 Nov - 6 Dec) and to see what the new shopping centre is like. Fancy a and a ?

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respong to all your lovely messages- thank you, they have really helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Okay, Lucinda, I'll tell you a story to cheer you up....
    My goodness! That was funny, but I expect quite mortifying at the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    Shall we send round a Cookies posse to sort them out?
    That sounds like a great plan

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    I'm a nice boss How's your chest by the way? Still rubbing the Vic in I hope!
    Chest doing fine thanks Geti And when I was a boss, I would like to think I was a nice one too, but there aint half a load of power crazy rubbish ones out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominicci View Post
    Luci I will definately be over to Bath sometime soon - probably for the Christmas Market (26 Nov - 6 Dec) and to see what the new shopping centre is like. Fancy a and a ?
    Sounds like a plan to me! I can pop out in the day assuming job is OK, which I am hoping it will be! A contractor who my company uses has stuck up for me with my boss and I am working more closely with him now, I'm on a project atm, trying to get it out on time, and working a bit of overtime, so not much time for anything this week. Don't plan on carrying on like this though past tomorrow so I should be fine to get out...

The job, whilst not an amazing career move was perfect for me when I took it, I work from home and supposedly to hours that suit me, so I figured it would be great for building up a business as I could be free when necessary and would have more free time (no commute etc) and as long as I get paid and they don't try and push me aroudn as they have been, I would quite like to keep it. I still have my back up plan though that wont make me half of what I am earning at the moment. I am optimistic all will be OK for now though, and if not well yeah it might be a blessing in disguise, my runanway husband turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me and I really didn't want that to happen!
    Lucinda