Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember Me?!?!

Oh and I did mean to say it's not really all doom and gloom, just every thing feels like a bit of a slog at the moment, but other than having no money, I'm pretty positive about the future!
    Lucinda

I hope things pick up the way you want with getting part time work etc. good luck.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Oh Lucinda big big hugs from me too

Hi Lucinda, I am a newbie so haven't chatted before, but just also wanted to say hello and also send you some hugs Really hope that things calm down for you and that you get alternative work soon, so that you can concentrate on the work that you love!! xx

Hang in there - things will get better I'm sure they will. Hugs from me!

Lorraine

Thanks again, and hello Tigerlilly

I have had about 3 snotty emails and a horrible answerphone message so far from work today, it's bloody hard to ride this out atm!
    Lucinda

Okay, Lucinda, I'll tell you a story to cheer you up.

I worked as PA to the sales and marketing director of a company that made paper plates and party dishes - Cross Paperware they were called. the boss relied on me for everything.

I had a very early miscarriage and went sick from work, only to be constantly bothered by phone calls from the boss asking how to do this that and the other. I was distraught.

I told my OH, who has always been incredibly protective. So, to warn off my boss he telephoned him. I'll have to use some asterisks here, but this is what he said:

Okay, matey, you might think you're king of the f***ing paper cups but let me tell you pal, if I meet you on a dark night you'll need more than a f***ing party dish to protect yourself.

Fine as it goes. What he didn't know was that the boss was in the middle of an incredibly important presentation with clients and the phone was on loudspeaker.

I left very soon afterwards
    Di x

Oh Di, thats so funny!!! Don't know about Lucinda, but it certainly cheered me up! Bless your OH though for being protective, it was really naughty of your boss to be so incredidbly insensitive at such a tough time, he really did deserve that!! I hope he lost the contract too!!! he he!

X x

The work stuff sounds awful, Lucinda......but it's good to see you back.

Shall we send round a Cookies posse to sort them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Okay, Lucinda, I'll tell you a story to cheer you up.

I worked as PA to the sales and marketing director of a company that made paper plates and party dishes - Cross Paperware they were called. the boss relied on me for everything.

I had a very early miscarriage and went sick from work, only to be constantly bothered by phone calls from the boss asking how to do this that and the other. I was distraught.

I told my OH, who has always been incredibly protective. So, to warn off my boss he telephoned him. I'll have to use some asterisks here, but this is what he said:

Okay, matey, you might think you're king of the f***ing paper cups but let me tell you pal, if I meet you on a dark night you'll need more than a f***ing party dish to protect yourself.

Fine as it goes. What he didn't know was that the boss was in the middle of an incredibly important presentation with clients and the phone was on loudspeaker.

I left very soon afterwards
    Oh Di, that's an absolute cracker! One in a million.

I could write a book about the stories I have from work, some would make you laugh, some cry, but I'll never forget 'em. I wrote a paragraph about a manager who was behaving like the village idiot ! (he got promoted too, as usual) and when I'm having a bad day, I read it. It makes me realise how insignificant he is in the real world and why I finally left the job I had too.

I've got a quote, not sure where it came from and this is what it says...

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

I felt that my world had ended when I left, but really it had only just begun, so Lucinda, even if you leave that place, it won't be the end, it will be the beginning!! Go for it girl.

Luv
    Jules