Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My newest pretty!

Default My newest pretty!

Ok, so I made this for ME, I never make myself anything. I'm getting married in September and needed something 'blue'. I didn't want any blue showing particularly as my colour scheme is purple so i decided to make an anklet - I also thought it would be lovely to carry on wearing through to the honeymoon.

The stones are tanzanite. What do you think? I've never tried to make anything like this before...

It's stunning - careful with the tanzanite though it's fragile
    so no jogging down the beach in it
    Nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

He he, thanks for the tip! Wasn't planning to do too much jogging...

Was going to wear it permanently but I like it so much that I might just wear it in the evenings as I don't want to get suncream all over it!

Also saved spare stones as I thought I might need to replace one or two.

Its beautiful, I love that shape stone (I know there is a technical name) And the different lengths give it the perfect edge. You'll have to get some lovely flipflops to go with it! Where are you going on your honeymoon, and when are you getting married? I'm getting married on the 26th September! No honey moon though

That's lovely...I love tanzanite. You've got some patience with all that wrapping. I seem to have far too many fingers spare when I do mine! And what an unusual idea to go for an anklet! ... you'll be flashing a bit of leg then!!
    ...and you could always add a bit more chain if you ever wanted to make a necklace out of it!

I'm the 12th September and we are going to Thailand! I'm so excited - I've never been to Asia!
    Sorry to hear you are not going away too Charlotte

The stones are pear briolettes (ooh sounds like I know what I'm talking about!) - glad you like it!

Maybe i'll post a pic of the tiara i made too...

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    That's lovely...I love tanzanite. You've got some patience with all that wrapping. I seem to have far too many fingers spare when I do mine! And what an unusual idea to go for an anklet! ... you'll be flashing a bit of leg then!!
    ...and you could always add a bit more chain if you ever wanted to make a necklace out of it!
    Yes - it took forever to wrap them all - and I'd never done it before!
    Well i'll have to flash my ankle now...
    yes actually tested it on my neck - it wouldn't need too much chain putting in - mucy have fat ankles! - or a thin neck
    It would look nice as a necklace.

Awww congratulations to the both of you

That anklet is absolutely beautiful!!

Alot of jewellers I speak to make practically no jewellery for themselves... I realized I didn't not so long ago and made myself a bracelet and some earrings.

I am also making all my own jewellery for my wedding which we just pushed back for several reasons... again! I'm also making a beaded boquet to match my jewellery

very pretty

Thanks Bijou
    Sorry to hear you have had to delay your wedding, thats a shame. You will have to show us your wedding jewellery when it is done.
    I thought about a unique bouquet - but I think i will prob just leave i up to my florist!

Ok let me find a pic of my tiara...

I'm not going to win any prizes for the photo, but i was pleased with the tiara. I made all the 'sprigs' but it took me ages to decide how to arrange them.