Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My newest pretty!

lovely! love tanzanite.
    congratulations

Thanks for the nice replies everyone

Exclamation Everyone should wear their own jewellery!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bijou Dragon View Post
    Awww congratulations to the both of you

That anklet is absolutely beautiful!!

Alot of jewellers I speak to make practically no jewellery for themselves... I realized I didn't not so long ago and made myself a bracelet and some earrings.

I am also making all my own jewellery for my wedding which we just pushed back for several reasons... again! I'm also making a beaded boquet to match my jewellery
    Every jewellery maker should be a walking advert for their own jewellery! There is nothing like having a complete stranger come up to you and say, "I have been admiring your jewellery - where did you get it from?"! It has happened to me once...and I can't wait for it to happen again...What a buzz!!

All women and a lot of men are interested in jewellery and when you tell someone you make jewellery it's fantastic to be able to show them something you are wearing and get all the 'oooo's' and 'ahhhhh's' that your work rightfully deserves. If nothing else you miss the opportunity to advertise your product...and anyway....aren't you the best jewellery maker in the world?!!...why wear someone else's work?
    Barbara

I agree totally - I always try to wear something i have created. I 'test' my work but normally it ends up boxed and sold! (Not complaining about that)

Is nice to finally make myself something that will always remain NFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Every jewellery maker should be a walking advert for their own jewellery! There is nothing like having a complete stranger come up to you and say, "I have been admiring your jewellery - where did you get it from?"! It has happened to me once...and I can't wait for it to happen again...What a buzz!!

All women and a lot of men are interested in jewellery and when you tell someone you make jewellery it's fantastic to be able to show them something you are wearing and get all the 'oooo's' and 'ahhhhh's' that your work rightfully deserves. If nothing else you miss the opportunity to advertise your product...and anyway....aren't you the best jewellery maker in the world?!!...why wear someone else's work?
    Barbara
    I wholeheartedly agree, people always comment on the odd pieces of jewellery I wear that I have made, it's a wonderful feeling but I want to make myself more. I have started ordering stuff for me as well as the shop now so I can make myself some pieces that I have the stock in to make as well which is what happened with my White Cat's Eye and Swarovski crystal bracelet... I ended up making a bespoke set for someone who loved mine. I just need to wear more and remember to put it on when I go out

lovely pieces. My OH says that I should make every piece as if I was making it for myself. Have to admit to trying things on and then not wanting to get rid of them be warned...

regards michelle

Alexandra they are both lovely!!

I always make for myself really - if I don't like it then I don't think anyone else will. I KNOW IN MY HEAD THAT IS NOT TRUE! But I end up keeping most of my 'first pieces'. Of course if I made them again for someone else they would be 'better' as I would know what should be improved or done differently ... I hope.

Thanks Michelle and Ominicci. I'm now concentrating on mine and my bridesmaids necklaces....

What a wonderful anklet. Looks like it'd be lovely and jangly

Thanks Rosie, it makes more of a tinkle (lol) than a jangle