Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugdet Christmas pretties

Red face Bugdet Christmas pretties

Hello everyone, I've been busy making some Christmas budget necklaces and bracelets from beadalon and glass cube beads with silver plated findings.

The necklaces I'm going to sell for £15 and the bracelets for £10.
    I hope to get chance to do some simple earrings with them too.

What do people think? They're not my usual work, but I'm hoping I'll sell a few as easy Christmas prezzies.

*hope pics work*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails group.jpg   3blues.jpg   ambergreen.jpg  

Yep! Very pretty. Very shiny. I approve!!

I really hope you're wearing flame proof knickers. Brace yourself.

I consistently sell silver plated wrapped loop bracelets with glass cubes - like this one:
    Chunky glass cube bracelet - available in 5 colours

Much as I've love to work on more worthy pieces, these bracelets sell consistently well and I do several colours - people are wearing them all over the place - from New Zealand, all over the US, all over the UK and several in France. Pieces like that have put food on the table this summer.

If you're doing craft fairs and the like, people aren't necessarily in the market for the good stuff, but want gifts and bling for their own party wear. So I think they'll sell well - and you've put them at a good price point. If you make them well and to the same standards as everything else you do and offer a range of colours I think they'll be of interest.

People simply don't have money at the moment and still want to buy gifts, so cutting your cloth accordingly, is the way to go.
    Last edited by Boo; 09-11-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Edited silly long URL link

I meant to add - I love cubes and so do customers, everything with cubes always gets attention. I've made some the same with haematite cubes that are still in my 'to photograph' box.

Like them! Simple and colourful and cheap

Ooh, thanks for that Boo - it was very reassuring! and that's a really lovely bracelet you have there - I'm not surprised yours are selling well!

I'm really loving cubes at the moment, kinda bored of bicone Swarovski crystals, they seem to get ever more expensive to buy and I've gone off the shape of them, so I looked around for a cheaper alternative.

Boo, you have a lovely website btw!
    Last edited by AlexandraBuckle; 09-11-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typo!

Thank you. It has taken a long time and lot of effort to get it even close to me being happy with it - and I still have a lot I want to do - but it's creeping in the right direction now. I hope to pass the 300 items on it this week - they're not all for sale, there are a chunk in the sold section. But it seems a very long time since I passed 250 and blogged about it.

that's a really lovely bracelet you have there - I'm not surprised yours are selling well!
    Thanks. It's amazing that people will buy it isn't it, considering my sloppy workmanship and incorrectly done wrapped loops.

I think you're probably right about keeping prices down this Christmas. I've been finding that although people really want the more expensive stuff, they actually buy the cheaper items. I'm totally shocked at the rubbish people were buying at Crafts for Christmas at the NEC. Most of it will probably end up at car boot sales later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Thanks. It's amazing that people will buy it isn't it, considering my sloppy workmanship and incorrectly done wrapped loops.
    you silly billy! they look perfect to me

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I think you're probably right about keeping prices down this Christmas. I've been finding that although people really want the more expensive stuff, they actually buy the cheaper items. I'm totally shocked at the rubbish people were buying at Crafts for Christmas at the NEC. Most of it will probably end up at car boot sales later in the year.
    I think you are right Carole, a lot of my customers love my work but just can't afford it! Which is a shame - lol! Cos I can't make my prices any cheaper!