Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copper Art Clay

wowsers! I just did a double take on your avatar pic! I made a pendant really, really similar to that - my hubby created the design for me then I created the photopolymer plate! Spooky!!

I've used Art Clay Copper - personally I wasn't keen on the texture of it and have gone back to CopprClay (but you have to kiln fire) but its a great option for anyone who doesn't have a kiln.

HTH

Becci
    xx

The pic was in my album - see, spooky!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3019024698_8cd428e&#53.jpg  

Ooh that IS spooky! Great minds thing alike eh? ;-) I also made a mould from photopolymer plate, and based the design on a large seawood 'pod' thingy I found on a beach in Australia last year :-) Is that hot or cold enamel you've used? Mine was an early experiment using lead-free enamels, interesting seeing how the texture comes through...mine reminds me of a little rock pool :-)

Anyway, went off on a tangent there....thanks for your view on Art clay copper...I have my doubts and am expecting a little disappointment, but curiousity got the better of me! Be interested to see your results?

Thanks!

Its traditional enamel, and there are 3 different colours of blue in there.

My copper pieces are waiting to go in the kiln. I went down to the studio and forgot to take the firing schedule with me! Hoping to get down there tomorrow and fire them. I'll post my results.

Becci
    xx

Ooh great! Can't wait to see the results :-) I feel all pessimistic about firescale issues? One of the reasons I love fine silver, it's a doddle in that respect!

Got my 50gms of copper clay ready and waiting...bit scared of it, but hope to dive in and try a little bit tonight :-) Any last minute advice much appreciated!

I have only used the copprclay so far but I hate the mess of the firing pan, I wouldn't mind trying the promethius (sp) bronze clay as the firing schedule for the bronzclay is just an effort!

Success last night with my first copper clay firings. No firing pan involved Lou, easy peasy torch firing only :-) 5 minutes, quench in water to remove firescale, then pickle...simple! I really need a tumbler though to help with the polishing stage.

Quote Originally Posted by FVT View Post
    Success last night with my first copper clay firings. No firing pan involved Lou, easy peasy torch firing only :-) 5 minutes, quench in water to remove firescale, then pickle...simple! I really need a tumbler though to help with the polishing stage.
    I need a tumbler and a pickle pot...the list goes on and on