Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free gifts as a marketing aid?

As a buyer I sometimes get extra stones when I buy stones - which I Really appreciate. As a seller I usually write a personal message on a nice art postcard, and I get positive feedback on that. It's nothing big but it seems as if it's appreciated.

Since I've recently started making soap, I've been thinking of including a small soap, but I haven't decided about that..
    SilverBlueberry.etsy.com

I certainly always hand write a salutation in with orders. I tend to include one of my own greetings cards, but I've printed it inside with a standard 'thanks for your order, hope it reaches you safely, contact me with any problems etc. etc.' but I've left room to write in and always add something personal.

For the record, as I've just listed them and finished the photos - these are one of the earring options I was considering and a silver option with crystals. I doubt I'll bother with using it as marketing though now.

earrings9751f on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Those are really cute Boo. Perhaps they could just be a really cheap range for people to buy with pocket money at shows?
    Linda

They are really cute boo, if i was you i would offer them at a pretty low price say to people who have purchased an order over £50 maybe and market it that way ????

I've already got those particular ones for sale, so I'm just going to make some little goodies up - I have several ideas - and just give something extra to each customer as I go along, according to what they've ordered. Just as a festive thank you from me, no marketing involved. Just because I'd like to. Because sometimes it's just nice to do something nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindyloo View Post
    Perhaps they could just be a really cheap range for people to buy with pocket money at shows?
    So . . . my work is really cheap pocket money pieces, poorly made and of unoriginal designs. Great, you lot have done my ego a world of good this week. Thanks.

That is such a lovely, generous, kind and selfless gesture, big hug to you for being a warm, caring person xx[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I've already got those particular ones for sale, so I'm just going to make some little goodies up - I have several ideas - and just give something extra to each customer as I go along, according to what they've ordered. Just as a festive thank you from me, no marketing involved. Just because I'd like to. Because sometimes it's just nice to do something nice.

So . . . my work is really cheap pocket money pieces, poorly made and of unoriginal designs. Great, you lot have done my ego a world of good this week. Thanks.

Whooooooooooooa here. Boo, I don't think anyone was suggesting your jewellery was cheap, poorly made rubbish. I assume they mentioned a lower cost item, as times are very hard and people love the idea of a little something extra - that all. Some people call £10 expensive, while others think its spending money - its all perception isn't it!

Those heart earrings in your link earlier are absolutely gorgeous and I'd love them as a complimentary gift if I'd bought some of your jewellery.

(This was a quick pop in over tea, as I'm finishing ordering stuff... so must go back to doing that, otherwise I'll get nothing done).

back later

love xx
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post

Oh Boo, that's so not what I meant. I was just following the idea others have had regarding having less expensive pieces. No-one listens to me anyway. I think I'll just go and do something I actually am good at, like knitting or something.
    Linda

Linda, its not for me to speak on behalf of Boo but I think she's being a tad oversensitive. There have been no derogatory remarks made about her work at all, people have simply been putting across their points of view and their preferred way of doing things. Some of those methods differ from Boo's - none of them are right or wrong, they are simply different.

People do listen to you and you're to stay right where you are - here on the forum. Your comment was simply in context and, to my mind, wasn't offensive in any way.

Boo is being naughty.

Di
    Di x

Thank you so much for saying that Di. I have to say I am feeling rather sensitive myself today, and I hate to think I am ever insulting anyone.
    Linda