Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not an Official Workshop but...

You two are lovely

It was such fun for me too - I haven't ventured into teaching yet, and it was fab to have such wonderful guinea pigs to practice on! I couldn't have asked for nicer or more receptive students, and I hope there were a few lightbulb moments too! I should have taken some pictures though.

It was so nice to meet your OH too Jules - what a sweetheart he is - I know my hubby enjoyed his company as well.

I just hope the shopping lists haven't got too big as a result

Thank you both also for such lovely gifts - I'm still giggling at the two legged parsnip, and I can officially confirm that Di was a very, very talented woodworker as well. I hope we can do it again sometime soon

I'm shopping as we speak (and my parsnip has three legs (or two legs and an awfully long appendage )
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    I'm shopping as we speak (and my parsnip has three legs (or two legs and an awfully long appendage )
    In that case, it might like to meet one of my carrots.....

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    In that case, it might like to meet one of my carrots.....
    and together they could make... a parrot! (or a carsnip)
    Di x

It sounds like you all had a whale of a time - such good fun meeting each other and learning to boot
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    You two are lovely

It was such fun for me too - I haven't ventured into teaching yet, and it was fab to have such wonderful guinea pigs to practice on! I couldn't have asked for nicer or more receptive students, and I hope there were a few lightbulb moments too! I should have taken some pictures though.

It was so nice to meet your OH too Jules - what a sweetheart he is - I know my hubby enjoyed his company as well.

I just hope the shopping lists haven't got too big as a result

Thank you both also for such lovely gifts - I'm still giggling at the two legged parsnip, and I can officially confirm that Di was a very, very talented woodworker as well. I hope we can do it again sometime soon
    I've got 13 items in my shopping list so far.... mmm I think I might have to take a few things out, but I'll PM you with those reminders you mentioned yesterday. Oh George, we'd be more than happy to 'pop' down again, next time I'll remember to make the cheesecake !

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    and together they could make... a parrot! (or a carsnip)
    Oh don't talk about my weird veggies, we've had some very funny shapes this year..... you should have seen the 'rejects' we have in the veggie store (the garage)! They are very funny, but are absolutely enormous. We dug one up a few days ago for ourselves and it weighed in at 2lb - I'm not sure if its the air or the soil, but it tasted delicious.

It was amusing listening to the two OH's talking as if they were sat by a fire in the pub... the world was certainly a better place in their minds, once they'd finished having their chat.

Oh I forgot, when we got back last night the cat was waiting for us... so we let her in and boy did we have a game ejecting her at midnight. She hid under my workbench in the hall and refused to come out (it was pouring with rain outside). I tried the trail of biscuits and then dragged the stick with the piece of string on the end and eventually slowly slowly we got her out of the door. She's sat next to me having a wash now purring away - probably plotting how she can avoid getting chucked out later on.

I'll post pictures of my, now very shiny hammer, courtesy of George in my previous hammering thread....

xx
    Jules

Oh so jealous
    Linda

Oh my goodness it sounds like you both had a wonderful time & we definitely
    need to see pictures (even if only of the two legged carrot!)
    George if you enjoy it, you should look into teaching, I love my teaching sessions
    it's so rewarding to help folks with new skills (or refining current ones) plus
    the "refining of info" process helps us as much as the students
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

I'm so glad you met up and had a lovely time

Sorry guys, there were no piccies taken, I'm afraid - we were too busy learning and laughing and ooohing and aghing !

xx
    Jules